Suspense is killin me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmbGator

Reaction score
I ordered the Blichmann top tier system from NB last Monday. I received a tracking number for their part of the order and received it on Saturday. Now I have no tracking number and have no idea when it is coming. I now sit at work like a little kid waiting for Santa to come, but I'm waiting for 5 o'clock to come. Then its get on home and check to see if the Fedex man has came. One hour to go and its driving me nuts!!! :cross:

I just called and checked your order. Delivery has been delayed till Feb 1st.

Not really. I'm just bored

Lmfao! I guess you don't believe in the Fedex Man. But I know he does exists. I think someone is getting added to the Do Not Ship To list. HahAHa. I win.

Make sure to post some pics when you get it setup.

Did you go for the 3 burners? Any shelves? Gravity or pumped?

thing with fed-x around here is if your not home when they come it goes back to their warehouse. I believe this is only when the package is valued over a certain amount but this has happened to me a few times with them.

HahAH I win again. Everytime I order something, which is like once a week, I tape a piece of paper up for the Fedex man letting him know that its ok to leave the package. Its been working like a charm. Learned this after I got burned one brew day and my stuff sat at the warehouse.

Well I guess I am on the do not ship today list. Didn't get anything. Until tomorrow.

509inc: I got two burners and a shelf. I will be introducing the pump after I do a few batches and see how much it is needed. I will take pictures of everything, even the boxes it comes in because I know alot of people have said it comes in two or three relatively small boxes, but we'll see.

So here are the boxes that it showed up in. A total of 5.

2011-01-26_18-59-10_534.jpg

I love how the garage light makes it look like a gift from the heavens. Overall it was relatively easy to make so far. I got it measured up and leveled in a matter of 1 hour.

2011-01-26_20-44-34_371.jpg

Here is one of the burners before I put the arms on it. The middle circle of these burners are about as big as the ones you get from HD or Lowes. I can tell these are going to heat up faster and burn less.

2011-01-26_21-19-38_27.jpg

Here are all three (2 burners, 1 shelf) together and ready to put on the base.

2011-01-26_23-10-05_235.jpg

Overall I have had no problems putting it together. I should be done today with a total of 5 hours investing into making it. I am a little pi$$ed that I did not get the WASHERS from Blichmann. They stress in the instructions and on their tutorial video on youtube that you MUST use these washers or you risk damaging you stand. Well if you don't include them, I can't add them. I went to Lowes and picked up enough to put the stand part together, but do not have any for the burners and shelves. So I will be calling them today. 25 ss washers where a little over $10. So by the time I go and get the rest, I'm gonna have invested another $20 and thats if I don't buy the 10m ones for the burners that I think I can get by without until Blichmann sends me some or does something about it. I have a friend coming over on Saturday to brew and he's thinking about getting one, so Blichmann could get another sale out of me, they should fix my washer problem. I do love this thing so far. If I end up getting it done tonight, I will take some more pictures. I will also take some pictures this weekend when I brew.

Hmmm....pretty blue flames. Must not stare at flames for too long, but there sooooo pretty.

Let me know if you like I am thinking of getting one soon.

Sorry guys, was busy the last few days and pretty sure I caught the flu. Overall the brew day was amazing and the top tier system really helps. I'd like to use it a few more times before I make my opinion on it and see how it goes, so for the meantime here are some pictures.

100_0433.JPG

Lets just say its not the easiest fro me to reach.

100_0432.JPG

100_0431.JPG

100_0434.JPG

I will say that these burners are amazing. They use less gas and are heat up the keggle much faster.

100_0430.JPG

Back