Craigslist is awesome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gomb

Reaction score
I was pokin around on craigslist earlier this week and found a guy selling some homebrew gear for 150$. I asked if he still had it and inquired as to its condition. Turns out that the guy used to own a HBS and didnt want to move gear again. I went to pick it up and this guy had a pile of gear sitting there. I havent completed the inventory yet, but initial looks put me at 4-5 plastic buckets and lids, 2 6gal glass carboys, 4 6gal better bottles, some beer bottles, 60+ wine bottles, wine corker, corks, bottle tree, a 2-3 foot stack of books, and miscellaneous airlocks, stoppers and bags. Most of this gear appears to be brand new and the girl isnt even mad that its a pile in the front room right now! Im planning to brew my first beer with the new stuff tomorrow, really excited to see how the better bottles work out. So ya, this was my bday present to myself and Randy, if you read this forum, you rock man! Thanks!

I just found some dude selling 45 12oz bottles and 24 22oz bottles for $40. Craigslist makes me happy.

Sounds like craigslist is awesome! Oh...wait...you guys aren't in Wyoming. Damn. Our craigslist is less useful than a classified listing.

Craigslist is normally junk around here. I mine it for gems every once in a great while.

I got a great score finally, I usually miss them by a couple of callers. a 3gal Corny in great condition and 2 6gal glass Carboys, ready ok all that for $45 :ban:

I got a great deal on bottles 4.5 cases (2cases still with homebrew in them) and I just found a really nice lawnmower for $75.00

Sounds like craigslist is awesome! Oh...wait...you guys aren't in Wyoming. Damn. Our craigslist is less useful than a classified listing.

Well, you live in a beautiful state with low taxes, low state debt (which is yours), good quality of living, beautiful, lots of fly fishing, moderate politics, not many people. Lots of benefits. But no useful craigslist is a severe problem.

Also, you can setup RSS feeds for specific searches on craigslist. Makes it easy to keep an eye out for stuff.

Well, you live in a beautiful state with low taxes, low state debt (which is yours), good quality of living, beautiful, lots of fly fishing, moderate politics, not many people. Lots of benefits. But no useful craigslist is a severe problem.

No argument, sir! I love this state and won't let a lackluster craigslist dilute that. I do love to whine on occasion, though. :mug: And to clarify, we don't have any state debt. We generally run a surplus rather than a deficit. Weird, huh? :D

No argument, sir! I love this state and won't let a lackluster craigslist dilute that. I do love to whine on occasion, though. :mug: And to clarify, we don't have any state debt. We generally run a surplus rather than a deficit. Weird, huh? :D

I think the last numbers I saw were a $17 per capita debt in WY. Beats the $400+ we have in CO (thanks to all of the CA transplants). CA has a heavy $3000+ per capita debt (MA has the most at $4000+). CO used to run pretty much balanced, but things have really changed here politically . . .

I have always wanted to live in WY, I usually head up to Teton/Yellowstone once a summer to fish the Firehole, Madison and whatever else I can. I love the west slope of the Tetons, all the hops grown there and it is amazingly beautiful.

It is a gorgeous state. We do need more breweries, though. Working on that....;)

I picked up a 14 cubic foot freezer....now a fermenting chamber a few days ago for 20 bucks!

2013-03-30194553_zps0a5f1eae.jpg

It works fine!
2013-03-30194536_zpsc2f2ed39.jpg

Back