Does Home Depot sell 5 lb Co2 tanks??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
I can't find them on their site and I also can't find any info here. If it's here and I'm missing it, point me in that direction, but if not, does anyone know if they sell them?

Thanks,
J

Hit up an Airgas. Check out their website for locations. It looks like there's a handful of them in Houston.

Depending on the store they may fill tanks there or swap them out for you. The one near me swaps them out but always has tanks in good condition and its only ~$15 for a 5lb tank.

Before buying check around and find out if you'll be able to get a bottle filled or if they can only swap. If they can only swap, don't buy a brand new tank, just to have to give it away in exchange for a beater.

I guess I should have told you guys that I already have one, but I'd like to have a backup and I have a HD gift card. We have a friend of the family who will fill my tanks up for free at work, but it usually takes him a few days to get it back to me. I was thinking, since I have $100 HD credit, why not pick up a backup.

Hit up an Airgas. Check out their website for locations. It looks like there's a handful of them in Houston.

Depending on the store they may fill tanks there or swap them out for you. The one near me swaps them out but always has tanks in good condition and its only ~$15 for a 5lb tank.

Yeah, there are a few places I can get them filled in Houston for that price. I've never payed more than $15 or so for a refill, but I've never swapped tanks.

I guess I should have told you guys that I already have one, but I'd like to have a backup and I have a HD gift card. We have a friend of the family who will fill my tanks up for free at work, but it usually takes him a few days to get it back to me. I was thinking, since I have $100 HD credit, why not pick up a backup.

Yeah, there are a few places I can get them filled in Houston for that price. I've never payed more than $15 or so for a refill, but I've never swapped tanks.

Sounds like you are getting a portable keg charger then. :D

I can't find them on their site and I also can't find any info here. If it's here and I'm missing it, point me in that direction, but if not, does anyone know if they sell them?

Thanks,
J

We sell the aluminum 5# for $54 which is close to the lowest price anywhere (even on the internet) even with shipping it should be way less than a local welding shop. We now fill co2 for our Houston customers - we are open on Saturdays - the price to fill of course like everything we do will be less than what you are used to paying.

Back