Portable CO2 charger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats alot of chargers for one keg. I need a way to dispense 5-10 kegs a day at two seperate locations, so 10-20 a day. I'm trying to help someone who will be using cornie kegs to hold soda and they don't have tanks and regulator's.

I have one, used it a bunch of times for parties. Can dispense the whole 5 gallons with 2 "canisters"

I found that people want to press the button more than they really need to, so I won't put the second canister in until the beer is basically not pouring anymore. Then I'll load it again and I'm good to go. This assumes it's for a party and the 5 gallons will be finished in a short amount of time (last party was less than 2 hours.)

Edit: - I'm not sure this is the solution for your particular app, though. I just don't think, especially for soda, that they have enough charge.

Two cartridges wouldn't be bad. The soda isn't even going to be carbonated, we just need a way to push it.

The portable co2 charges are convenient for dispensing a little bit every once in a while. I think in the long run it would be more cost effective to get the co2 tank and regulator. You would also be able to dial in the desired pressure more easily with the regulator. Seems that replacing co2 cartridges all the time would add up fast.

For $84 bucks you can pick up a portable CO2 system from Lowe's and adapt it to fit cornies. The 9 Oz canister should push 3 - 4 cornies and it costs $2.49 to get them refilled at Dicks Sporting Goods.

Check out my "Rolling Kegerator" link below for pics on the setup.

The portable co2 charges are convenient for dispensing a little bit every once in a while. I think in the long run it would be more cost effective to get the co2 tank and regulator. You would also be able to dial in the desired pressure more easily with the regulator. Seems that replacing co2 cartridges all the time would add up fast.
I agree, the cartridges are expensive and a couple regulators and tanks would be paid for very quickly.

either get a normal 5lb CO2 cylinder, or shell out the money for one of those paintball tank regulators. 9oz will dispense a lot more than 12-16 grams.

For that many kegs, nothing but a standard CO2 setup makes sense. A cartridge system would mean hitting the kegs a couple times an hour with no control over the pressure. Plus to move soda you are talking 2-3 times as many cartridges as for beer due to the higher dispensing pressure. So, that would mean 10-15 cartridges per keg.

Even with a #5 rig, you'd use most of a bottle every day.

Well nevermind, I just found out the person I was trying to help found two regulators and tanks. That makes things easier.

Back