Never Had Heady Topper (and others) Willing to Trade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary22

Reaction score
So, I'm very new to homebrewing. With that being said, I'm also very new to drinking great beer. I've read a lot of great things about Heady Topper, Pliny The Elder, and Pliny The Younger that I think would quench my thirst for great beers. I'm not sure that they're sold around my way. That's why I'm reaching out.

Anyway, I'm from the North Eastern Maryland region (bout 20 mins from Delaware line going into Newark, DE). Would be very interested in trading if I can find the beers you all may request.

Thank you all very much for your time.

Yeah, pliny the elder is primarily sold on the west coast, ive heard of a few places in PA selling it though.

Pliny the younger is a one day release, gone that day. Unless you are there that day, you likely wont get any.

Heady is made in vermont, very limited distro.

So you definitely cannot buy them in maryland. Im sure someone can hook you up though. Lot of generous folks here

Cheers!

Yeah, pliny the elder is primarily sold on the west coast, ive heard of a few places in PA selling it though.

Pliny the younger is a one day release, gone that day. Unless you are there that day, you likely wont get any.

Heady is made in vermont, very limited distro.

So you definitely cannot buy them in maryland. Im sure someone can hook you up though. Lot of generous folks here

Cheers!

Thank you for the heads up.
Appreciate your knowledge. Is it as good as everyone says?! :cross:

SJ3324:
I will definitely do that.
Thanks

Thank you for the heads up.
Appreciate your knowledge. Is it as good as everyone says?! :cross:

SJ3324:
I will definitely do that.
Thanks

Heady lives up to its hype. Its a very good beer. Pliny the elder too. But....I think there are quite a few other lesser known dipas/ipas thats are as good.

Dont take this as me ragging on them. They are very very good beers. Worth trying for sure.

But....I think there are quite a few other lesser known dipas/ipas thats are as good.

Dont take this as me ragging on them. They are very very good beers. Worth trying for sure.

What are these other lesser known dipas/ipas that are as good? Any that I could find in my local liquor store here in Maryland?

Gary22 said:
What are these other lesser known dipas/ipas that are as good? Any that I could find in my local liquor store here in Maryland?

Have you ever had Evolution Brewing Company Lot no 6? Evolution is in Salisbury and they make some nice beers. Lot no 6 is a great DIPA and if you can get it fresh it stands up to any of those you mentioned.

Troegs Perpetual is another really good localish that you should be able to get.

You should also have access in MD to SixPoint Resin and Ballast Point Sculpin.

Most I can think of are likely not at your store, but:
Ghandi bot is amazing, my favorite dipa. All of nebco ipas I have had were awesome.
Revolution anti hero is awesome
Half acre daisy cutter, awesome.
Any pipeworks ipa, awesome.
Deep ellum ipa, big surprise and was awesome.
Odell myrcenary is supposed to be great.
Snake handler, supposed to be great.

I am sure more people can chime in with others. Some of them are well known, but not necessarily to a new guy to the game.
When I started trading, pliny and heady were the top of the list. Nowadays I am more interested in the ones that dont have as much hype, but are still fantastic.

I still take heady when I see an opportunity though lol, it really is great. And one of the few beers I have traded for multiple times.

coldcrash said:
Have you ever had Evolution Brewing Company Lot no 6? Evolution is in Salisbury and they make some nice beers. Lot no 6 is a great DIPA and if you can get it fresh it stands up to any of those you mentioned.

Troegs Perpetual is another really good localish that you should be able to get.

You should also have access in MD to SixPoint Resin and Ballast Point Sculpin.

The SixPoint Resin=AMAZING. I bought 2 4 packs this weekend n reluctantly shared a couple with a great friend/IPA enthusiast.
I can get all of these (I believe) at my liquor store. Thanks again.

Back