Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty slick. Can you show us the inner workings?

I can do better but here is the preview!

IMAG0425.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

We'll be doing a step by step guide to mount taps to the outside of your fridge. Just need approval from the powers that be. ;-)

ForumRunner_20120426_110848.jpg

ForumRunner_20120426_110931.jpg

I built this kegerator a little over a year ago and added the collar a few months back. The drip tray has a drain that goes into the kegerator and is attached to a mason jar via 3/4" tubing to collect any spillage/overflow

This is a 60's coldspot I got for free. Gets cold quick, love this thing. Just fired it up this last weekend, a little bit of chalkboard paint and she was ready to go!

image-1717987174.jpg

image-739474060.jpg

Here's mine. Currently on tap is Stone IPA and my American Pale Ale. 3rd and final tap is reserved for my Belgian blond currently in primary. In the process of building my bar around it!

image-494902076.jpg

image-3240184673.jpg

image-3551092713.jpg

I got the co2 manifold at morebeer.com

I was wondering the same thing. From the pics it looks like it's just the brass fittings from the big box stores that we all use for mash tuns.

Has this ever been done? Must not be too big of a savings, if possible at all, for people to continue to purchase the pricey ones from specialty websites.

if you look at the right side of the manifold, I added a 90 degree elbow and a 3in. brass nipple that goes out to the back of the collar, to connect the co2 tank outside if space is needed. (Put a fermentor on the hump) I bought those parts at home Depot.

I was wondering the same thing. From the pics it looks like it's just the brass fittings from the big box stores that we all use for mash tuns.

Has this ever been done? Must not be too big of a savings, if possible at all, for people to continue to purchase the pricey ones from specialty websites.

The ball valves with integrated check valves are the part that drives up the price, and I've not seen them at the big box stores. You can use a regular ball valve (or no ball valve) and cheap inline check valves instead. Even going that route and using a $2 aluminum manifold from harbor freight (they no longer carry it), I still dropped ~$20 building my 4 line manifold.

I built this for my hubby for his birthday. We pretty much love it. Chalkboard paint, as I've seen so many others do. It's in the garage right now, naturally, for summer grilling and other such business. With Wisconsin winters, it will have to be brought indoors this fall.

477645_637752482341_59001938_32794273_1808358274_o.jpg

It was at a local home depot, I went to get some hardware cloth for my chicken coop and they had them sitting in the middle of the floor right as you walked in. They where on sale for 400 something and they had it marked Down to 339 for some special clearance sale.

I am not sure how many cornies it will hold probably 2 maybe 3. It will hold a half barrel.

I was not in the market for one but couldn't pass up the price for a turn key system.

Started in this today. 5 cu ft haire, 10" collar. Picking up faucets and shanks tomorrow afternoon. Will fit 2 5 gal on the floor and a 3gal or carboy on the hump. Not sure about co2 yet. May go external.

image-2187380935.jpg

image-12325618.jpg

image-3946857593.jpg

Latest posts

Back