Kegerator Build - Do i have everything ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barnzy02

Reaction score
So i'm finally getting around to building a collar for my chest freezer and i'm getting a parts list together.

What i already have -

Kegs
Chest Freezer
Dual Guage Regulator
5# CO2 (getting a 20# off a friend as well)

I'm doing a 3 tap build - my parts list is:

3 Perlick 525SS
3 5-1/8 SS Nipple Shanks
3 way manifold
5/16 CO2 hose
3/16 Beer line - getting 35 feet
Beer/Gas Line clamps
19" drip tray
Beer/Gas ball lock disconnects

Ultimately looking to see if i'm missing anything before i pull the trigger.

I'm assuming you have the temperature regulator already... and I am also assuming that your disconnects are the barb style (if you are getting MFL disconnects you would have to get the MFL swivels as well).... other than that a fan to help circulate the air up into the collar would be helpful, due to the fact hot air rises and there are no refrigerant lines up in the collar to help cool it down. One thing i would recommend (although I didn't get one) would be to get the faucet wrench, although you can do without it, I think it would be nice to because to tighten them down properly. Hope that helps and good luck!

I can answer simply by saying: "no," you do not have everything you need. :)

Just kidding. Your serving list looks pretty complete, but I bet you'll find you'll need extra components when building the collar.

I ended up buying a new miter saw, router, clamps, and other odds and ends. lol.

So, in the process of building my keezer and, despite several attempts, I continue to find new things I need. There is seemingly no end to the expense associated with building a keezer, but, man, it sure is fun!!

Thanks guys.

Yeah, i have a temp reg already and this is more just a hardware parts list for running my lines.

I definitely am going to need to borrow and/or buy some new tools as well when i go pick up the materials for making the collar. Which should be hilarious, because a handyman i am not.

I can't wait to actually finish this thing and pour a beer from a real faucet, although the picnic taps have done admirably for the past 10 months.

Latest posts

Back