Doh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipapat

Reaction score
So i made some beer de g. some time ago.
It has been aging in my refridge.

I look today and it has tiny bubbles that look like Brett to me.
No funk yet.

Infected?

I had used the carboy before for a Berlin.
I bleach the carboy after 2 PBW cleanings.

I also used new plastics.

Its been like 2 months since i brewed it.

:drunk:

Picture? What do you mean by tiny bubbles?

From what I have read bleach actually isn't as great a sanitizer as people make it out to be unless the pH is lowered. I've always had good luck with Star-San.

It looks like a tiny bit of fermintation going on.

Everytime i have brewed with brett i always get a smiliar looking tiny bubble pattern after primary before getting a layer of funk on top.

I'll post a picture when i get home from the resturant.

You used the same carboy for a brett before this batch?

I've heard that once you use anything for a brett, you don't want to brew anything other than a brett in it again. Or use that hardware in any other kinds of brews. That includes the auto-siphon, fermenter, parts, etc... Anything that comes into contact with it once the yeast has been pitched in (usually containing the bugs too)... Or at least once the bugs have been added.

I used the same glass carboy.
I bleached the hell out of it after the pbw.

I used new plastics and a bung.
If its infected ill still drink it as i dont mind brett and lacto.

Thank god the last batch didnt have pedio.

I would have filled it with StarSan for a week before using it... My confidence in bleach is not even close to StarSan... Besides, with using bleach, you DO need to rinse after... Not so with StarSan...

As long as it tastes good to you, drink it... I would just give yourself a day, or two, after the first bottle to make sure it doesn't contain something really nasty...

Back