out ball lock leaking like a sieve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00t

Reaction score
ok so, when i hook up the out ball lock to pour a beer it spays out the top of the connection at a pretty good pace.... this is a brand new keg kit from kegconnections.com........... its at 10 psi.... what the hell is going on? I'm not a fan of wasting beer.... is this a mechanical problem that i need to address kegconnection with or am i an idiot and am incapable of attaching a ball lock??????? i seem to do pretty well with attaching the in from co2 tank and its not just decompressing the tank?

You may have a sealing problem in the disconnect. There is a slot on the top of it to tighten it down if that is where the leak is occcuring. These disconnects can be taken apart.

Make sure that the ball lock is down all the way on the poppet as well. It sometomes fools me.

You may have a sealing problem in the disconnect. There is a slot on the top of it to tighten it down if that is where the leak is occcuring. These disconnects can be taken apart.

Make sure that the ball lock is down all the way on the poppet as well. It sometomes fools me.

+1

The ball locks can, and should, be disassembled for cleaning. If you tighten it down (with a screwdriver) and still get leaking, you can open it up and make sure everything looks okay on the inside. There should be a tiny rubber gasket in there to prevent this sort of thing.

yes, there is an o-ring... so i'm soaking it in cleaner now

yes, there is an o-ring... so i'm soaking it in cleaner now

There is a poppet in the post, with a rubber o-ring on the top, and then an o-ring on the post as well. Have you taken off the post?

As far as the black quick disconnect, there is a flat slot for a screwdriver. Make sure it's tight. If it's still leaking, take it apart over top of a white piece of paper. There are four pieces- a clear pointed piece, a black o-ring, a spring, and the top. Check and make sure you have that black o-ring in there, and then put it back together.

i soaked it for a while and took it apart, put together again and tightened it back down... its hooked up to the keg and working fine! Thanks for the help!

Back