Yankee Ingenuity VIII - Oct 12th or 13th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
Given the string of great geat togethers, I would like to hose the next get-together

I submit the dates of October 12th and/or Oct 13th for the next Yankee Ingenuity (Peak foliage down here in the wilds of Windham, VT)).

Let's discuss =>either date is fine with me ...

Bill

Given the string of great geat togethers, I would like to hose the next get-together

I submit the dates of October 12th and/or Oct 13th for the next Yankee Ingenuity (Peak foliage down here in the wilds of Windham, VT)).

Let's discuss =>either date is fine with me ...

Bill

I'd prefer that you didn't hose it. :drunk:

Promise not to hose the event, but *would* like to HOST a get together....

Unfortunately, Sarah Palin can't make it.

OK- the 12th it is !

Show up anytime after 8. PM me for directions..

Suggestions of what everyone needs so there are no surprises ... (LHBS is about 90 mins away, and will be closed !)

I will be doing a partial boil extract. I can show off my cobbled heg system, and should have smoe mild ale left from the last brewfest in Stowe.

Our water is very good. Not sure about the hose (I always use the tub faucet). Do we need Food grade ?

Plenty of room outside ... we could also brew on the covered porch in case of rain.

Would need a spltter for hose (Bird ?) ...

We can discuss food.

If we get bored, we can always ride the 2 horses !

And, whe should have the Internet connected with wireless (believe it or not, the days of 28.8 dial-up are going away in 10 days !

I would like to attend however I have a 6 year old daughter. If I went to VT it would have to be a family thing. Are others bringing spouses, children?

I wasn't planning on it, but if there was enough to keep them all occupied and we could take turns keeping an eye on them, I could bring the_Bean along. The wife can use all the alone-time she can get on the weekends to get her schoolwork done.

I hadn't started considering the food thing ..

swmbo will be providing a vegetarian quiche, cheese pizza, and I can grill some boring but yummy burgers and dogs on our primitive fire pit.

Folkls can bring soda, snacks, maybe a pasta salad ... homebrew samples are welcome, of course !

Little ones and spouses are welcome - of course..

We are pretty much in the middle of nowhere here in Windham, so the only entertainment for little ones is limited to 1 TV and my 11 year old daughter (smile) .. There is a computer in her room for games and entertainment.

my 16 yr old dau will be at a friends', I believe. If weather permits, some pony rides might be fun (but that is strictly my wife's dept.)..

The foliage will be at peak, and there are plenty of places to hike etc..we can explore un-plugged activities as well ..

Don't forget cameras ! Our get together in Stowe went undocumented (well, as far as photos went) ..

Little ones and spouses are welcome - of course..
my 16 yr old dau will be at a friends', I believe. If weather permits, some pony rides might be fun (but that is strictly my wife's dept.)..

The foliage will be at peak, and there are plenty of places to hike etc..we can explore un-plugged activities as well ..
I'll check with my children to see if there is interest. I'm pretty sure they would be into it. You know ponies, pizza, and all....;)

Foliage peak? I had dinner up in West Townshend last night, and the leaves were starting to look real nice. If the rains holds off for the next week, it should be BRILLIANT!

oh.....and I can bring some sort of salad. It will depend on what my CSA delivers that week.

Glib, if you bring your girls, I'll definately bring along the_Bean; she'll have a blast just running around and playing with them. the_Wife may or may not tag along, depending on how busy she is.

Hey guys,
Is the 12 definate? I think I'm going to be able to make it if that is the case. We generally go to NY that weekend but I'm opting out this year. If everyone is brewing I'll probably bring along my 5 gallon setup and do a simple brew. What about food? I can whip up a batch of my baked beans the day before if your wife doesn't mind giving up a burner on the stove for a short while to heat them up. Or I've got a pretty good pesto chicken pasta recipie that is cold. I'll need directions. Vermont is outside of Rt 128, right?

PTN

PTN

Hey Bill - fire me off a set of directions. Not sure if I can make it, and if I do it won't be until afternoon and I'll be with my two boys :)

Likewise on send me directions and I'll see if I can make it. I don't know if I'll make it, but I might, if can get the bleeping chickens who don't read the books about how chickens do this and don't do that (ATM mostly WRT flying over fences, which mine are doing a lot of) contained and otherwise put a few dampers on a few fires it would be nice to get out and meet a few new folk (or e-folk in person, or whatever), though I'm about sure I won't be dragging along my brew kit (and I don't get Monday off, and I don't drink when I'm driving, and...)

Glib, your girls going to come along? Evan?

I'll prolly be bringing the_Bean along (still not sure about the_Wife, depends on how much work she has to get done). Bean'll be all over the pizza, but she told me she's a little afraid of the ponies (I'm trying to convince her that they're just horn-less unicorns). I'm pretty sure she'll get along gangbusters with your girls, and we can help each other keep an eye on them all, keep them out of trouble.

Glib, your girls going to come along? Evan?
I'm game either way with/without the children, but if it will enhance your domestic tranquility index, I'd be happy to bring my children along. Winter would prolly talk Cassie's ear off about Decoction mashing.:p

Who else wants to discuss decoction mashing with my kids?

Cool. It's just a matter of giving the_Wife enough time with a quiet house so that she can get her schoolwork done. Never too early to learn to homebrew!

I can't make it.. =(

Our club has 3 events in the next month and I have a group brewing session coming up. We are brewing 60 gallons of scotish ale to fill a 55 gallon rum barrel. My wife said Big Barrel brew or the VT trip, not both. I already agreed to do 12 gallons for the barrel brew. Maybe next time.

You are welcome to stay as long as you need ... maybe catch the end of the 4:00 game, for all those football fans out there ...

brewing starts anytime after 8AM Sunday ...weather should be great...

Eric - you are welcome to show up anytime you need to ..like Evanmars great get together (although brewing in the rain is a drag ..)

We just want to make sure you are able to make it !

I will do what I can about the weather !

Just know we won't be going into the wee hours ... even if I do have the next day off to recover...:)

I'm going to be contacting Ray today to make arrangements for some fresh 1056 yeast. Does anyone need 1056 for this weekend?

I also have five empty cases of bombers to dispose of. Let me if you are interested, and I'll bring them along.

I was going to pitch some US-05 into an American Pale (homegrown Cascades), but 1056 fresh from McNeill's would :rockin:

I have a crapton of bombers and regular 12-ounce bottles as well, if anyone needs them.

If I brew this sunday, should I begin my starter on Thursday ??

Also - does anyone coming use pinlock kegs ? I simply *cannot* remove any of the posts of 4 newly acquired kegs .. Midwest supply is sending me a replacement socket...

Any experienced pinlock post removers will be welcome..

Also, can Bird please bring along his hose manifold thingy > and also a section of hose (I am getting 1 new section ...the stuff we are using now is older, and we fill the horsie buckets with the 2 sections)

I am sure I will think of other stuff...

Back