Basic keg equipment, bare minimum start up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrew129

Reaction score
I have to keg! I have 25 gallons in primary and secondary in the basement and bottling seems daunting! What are the basics I can get away with and I'm not using a kegerator, just looking to do picnic taps inside a fridge. Any suggestions on cheap ways to go? Help appreciated!
:mug:

bottle with 2L pop bottles. they stay carbonated for at least 3 days of drinking from and you only need 11-12 per batch. cheap effective. low bottling time, less to clean and less containers to fill. the only downside is if you crack a bottle and its not ready you waste 2L. just be patient and your good!

Kegs, party taps with lines and connectors, a regulator and co2 tank with lines and connectors, possibly a co2 manifold so you can connect more than one keg.

My manifold is just a couple of mismatched tees and a 90 degree gas nut with check valves.

IMAG0086.jpg

You need a 5# tank with a Y splitter equipped w/ shut offs (one pressure regulator will do initially); as many cornies as you can stomach; 20' of serving line, 10-20' of gas line, two picnic taps, clamps to make up your hoses, the corresponding quick connects (2 grey, 2 black ball or pin lock) & replacement o-rings. That should get you up & running. You might try emailing one of the vendors (Keg Cowboy, Keg Connection, Farmhouse etc) the same question?

Malticulous said:
Kegs, party taps with lines and connectors, a regulator and co2 tank with lines and connectors, possibly a co2 manifold so you can connect more than one keg.

My manifold is just a couple of mismatched tees and a 90 degree gas nut with check valves.

Do you have a regulator on the chest freezer for the temp?

Latest posts

Back