Rochefort 10

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Move over Chimay Blue....I think I just found my favorite Belgium....11+% and drinkable as hell. wow...

I haven't tried the 10, but the Rochefort Trappist 8 was mighty tasty... Not quite as strong as the 10 at just over 9%, but still plenty high if ABV matters to you.

Nah, didn't buy it for the ABV, (never do). But I've been reading "Brew like a Monk" and trying the beers at my local bottle shop. It was usually hit or miss with Belgiums, but after reading the book I'm on a mission.

I got a whole case of it in fridge out in the garage. I prefer it to Blue as well. I have a case of Chimay Cinq Cents in the fridge as well. That's my favorite Chimay now days. I got burnt out on the Blue drinking it too much.

Yesterday I just noticed a receipt tucked into the case of Rochefort 10. It's dated February 5, 2009. It was sitting in my cellar untouched for 15 months before I moved from Belgium. The whole case is still intact untouched.

Well someone can only have one favorite Belgium because there is only one Belgium. As far as having a favorite BELGIAN, that's a whole different story! :)

Well someone can only have one favorite Belgium because there is only one Belgium. As far as having a favorite BELGIAN, that's a whole different story! :)

Actually anyone who has spent any decent amount of time in Belgium can tell you there are 2 distinct and separate Belgiums, Walloonia and Flanders.
Heck for about six months while I lived there Belgium had no official government because one portion of the country refused to accept the government elected by the majority of the other part of the county.

Me personally, I prefer the Flanders Belgium after spending 3 years living in Walloonia.

Nah, didn't buy it for the ABV, (never do). But I've been reading "Brew like a Monk" and trying the beers at my local bottle shop. It was usually hit or miss with Belgiums, but after reading the book I'm on a mission.

I'm reading it as well and finding myself dreaming about picking up more bottles at the local store. :mug:

Actually anyone who has spent any decent amount of time in Belgium can tell you there are 2 distinct and separate Belgiums, Walloonia and Flanders.
Heck for about six months while I lived there Belgium had no official government because one portion of the country refused to accept the government elected by the majority of the other part of the county.

Me personally, I prefer the Flanders Belgium after spending 3 years living in Walloonia.

I have a buddy who lives in Mons, he loves it there but I have to say the people in Walloonia can be hit or miss.

Yeah that's where I just moved from. Is your buddy military? Unfortunately the majority of people I encountered in Mons are prejudiced against outsiders due to the large NATO presence but the people in the outlying towns are much friendlier and accommodating.

Yep. I lived exactly one mile from the front gate. Just close enough to stumble home after some of the major annual parties some of the 40-something countries represented on that base would throw. The big ones were Americans-Independence Day, Germans-Oktoberfest, and Brits-Brit fest (not sure what holiday it was but we sure drank a lot).

Back