Bottled my first batch - Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBooze

Reaction score
I just bottled my first batch of beer and I have a couple of questions. I put the bottles into a plastice bin that can be closed to keep it dark. All beer is in amber 12oz bottles. The instructions say to keep the bottles in a warm place for a couple of days and then move to a cool place. At what temperature should I keep the bottles and for how long? When can I place them in the fridge to get cold for drinking. I realize that they get better with age, and my fridge only holds about 24 beers, so if I keep the other 36 beers out of the fridge are they going to taste different than my original 24 that I cooled?

The recommendation most of us go by is 3 weeks at 70 degrees...then chill and check one check one to see if it's carbed and conditioned, then you can put as many as you want in the fridge...you don't have to store them there...

But you will find with most grav beers, they need 3 weeks at 70 or above to fully carb up.

Read this and watcht he video linked there for more info...http://blogs.homebrewtalk.com/Revvy/Of_Patience_and_Bottle_Conditioning/

I got it. Now what's the best way to try and keep the bottles around 70degrees? I am in FL and keeping the bottles in the house, but room temp in here is 72-75.

Back