excessive sediment? (pic included...)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
youre all right, just let her sit, when did you brew it

I was brewed last wednesday and fermentation slowed way down and has been wrapping up since yesterday morning...getting about 1 bubble per minute or less now.

That's why I am a bit concerned, this is not a beer that has had much time to settle out and it's already claimed a 5th of the carboy....:(

That's about what I have in the bottom of my Belgian strong ale...almost from day one...

How long has it been in the fermenter? Just remember you don't want a wheat to be TOO clear, that's sort of one of the things people like about those beers.

actually, if you look at the other pictures in that folder (in link above) you can see what it looked like before fermentation took off.....There's about the same amount or a little more sediment, but what's funny is that the pre-fermentation pictures the sediment is all grainy and clumpy, and after the yeast gets through with it all, it becomes like finely milled flour....those little yeasties are amazing!

Back