Obama's Home brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgarry

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure all the states that his bus went through in delivering his beer to Iowa but wonder if he broke any State laws. Maybe a good way to get publicity and get the laws changed so we can transport our on goods for our own comsuption without any issues.

Not sure all the states that his bus went through in delivering his beer to Iowa but wonder if he broke any State laws. Maybe a good way to get publicity and get the laws changed so we can transport our on goods for our own comsuption without any issues.

That's actually a really good idea:mug: Most people, including lawmakers, have no knowledge of homebrewing laws. It is obviously something that needs to change....might be good for some publicity...

But seriously, the first 8-10 threads about obamabrew were enough.
Sure, but the extra threads would fall off the front page if people would quit bumping them. It's not like the thread title doesn't let you know exactly what you're going to see when you open the thread.

Well, to the Nay Sayers, most of the previous threads were about getting the recipe, etc. This is about whether he broke any of the archane laws that guide our hobby and whether we can take this once in a life opportunity to get some publicity to make it legal to transport our on home brew to family and friends. When I visit my Brother in TN, I can't take home brew through Mississippi etc. If we are too arrogant to use this opportunity, well then I look forward to reading many more post over the next 40 years about transporting home brew.

Oh god....it's still going on....This is what, thread number 20 in the last 5 days?

I had forgotten why I stopped visiting this site, but was reminded as soon as saw this comment.

It took much more time to make an insulting comment than it would have to just hit the "back" button on your browser.

Everyone has a stick up their @$$ on this forum.

motlekj06 said:
I had forgotten why I stopped visiting this site, but was reminded as soon as saw this comment.

It took much more time to make an insulting comment than it would have to just hit the "back" button on your browser.

Everyone has a stick up their @$$ on this forum.

You could've hit the back button as well.
I think a lot of people are just getting tired of so many new threads about Obama beer and that's what revvy meant. And nothing good or different for home brewers is going to come out of the fact that Obama is having his cook brew him beer and taking it on the road. Everyone can keep wishing but it's not going to happen.

You could've hit the back button as well.
I think a lot of people are just getting tired of so many new threads about Obama beer and that's what revvy meant. And nothing good or different for home brewers is going to come out of the fact that Obama is having his cook brew him beer and taking it on the road. Everyone can keep wishing but it's not going to happen.

I don't think that is true. Any publicity for homebrewing is great!! What would be even better is if homebrew laws, and how insanely stupid most of them are, get some media attention. Let's face it....only homebrewers know what the laws are. I can guarantee you that lawmakers don't know the homebrewing laws and very few even care. They have MUCH more important things to deal with. I think the same could be said for law enforcement......they can't possibly know every single law.

Well, to the Nay Sayers, most of the previous threads were about getting the recipe, etc. This is about whether he broke any of the archane laws that guide our hobby and whether we can take this once in a life opportunity to get some publicity to make it legal to transport our on home brew to family and friends. When I visit my Brother in TN, I can't take home brew through Mississippi etc. If we are too arrogant to use this opportunity, well then I look forward to reading many more post over the next 40 years about transporting home brew.

Executive privilege and/or Federal rules apply only. Fast and Furious 2: Smokie and the Bandit Returns.

I think a lot of people are just getting tired of so many new threads about Obama beer and that's what revvy meant. And nothing good or different for home brewers is going to come out of the fact that Obama is having his cook brew him beer and taking it on the road.

This +1,000,000.

Im confused,I havent been following all the info of Obama and beer.But hes traveling with homebrew?Whats going on?

I think I would be tired of cars driving by my house if all I did was stare at them all evening. I got an idea though its not to pay attention to them,hell I dont even think about it.But maybe I should go out there and tell them how tired i am of them driving by my house?,maybe I should tell them to take another road.

Back