GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weirdboy said:
I had watched the first two seasons of Breaking Bad a while back but found I was still 2 years behind when I ran out of episodes on Netflix and went to watch the show as it was airing. So, I decided I'd just wait until more seasons came along on Netflix.

They have since added seasons 3 & 4 so I went through them this past week. The show has just gotten better as it continues to progress. What a fantastic show.

I am now finally catching up to speed with the current season. Still a couple of episodes behind, but close.

Best show on TV for sure.

Best show on TV for sure.

I will DEFINITELY check it out guys, thanks.

BEST is strong praise. If you mean best on cable, good riddance, I am so glad to be free of it.

DEVILS DOUBLE is really interesting. Worth watching. Historical not horror.

ABSENTIA was really solid horror.

ARCHER is funny. Not quite Ugly Americans, but close.

BSG is the best show EVER on TV, though not airing currently.

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is great. He's given me a new vocabulary to insult food with.

Hey! Y'all know that both Magnum, P.I. and The Rockford Files are now on Netflix streaming? It is! Are you not peeing yourselves with excitement yet? No? Why not? You should be. It's '70s-and-'80s investigator-tastic!

Damn I love those shows! I remember my parents kicking me out of the family room because Magnum PI was gonna kick some ass and score some ass within an hour and I wasn't allowed to watch the 'adult' shows.

I've been watching Breaking Bad on netflix because apparently I've been living under a rock in the desert while the rest of the nation was watching this show

Also good on Netflix: comedy specials (e.g., Bill Burr, Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan). They are great to listen to while doing home improvement where you can just listen as you work.

Someone also mentioned 'Sherlock' which I can heartily recommend as worth watching. Excellent show, can't wait for more.

...DEVILS DOUBLE is really interesting. Worth watching. Historical not horror.

If you like Archer, then you have to watch Bob's Burgers.

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares is great. He's given me a new vocabulary to insult food with.
+1 for this! It's fun watching him go at it with some of the restauranteurs who think they know what they're doing.

cheezydemon3 said:
I will DEFINITELY check it out guys, thanks.

BEST is strong praise. If you mean best on cable, good riddance, I am so glad to be free of it.

DEVILS DOUBLE is really interesting. Worth watching. Historical not horror.

Breaking Bad is definitely the best show in tv right now, period. Pick your favorite premium channel show and I still think Breaking Bad is better.

I rather enjoy Wilfred, though the last ep was kinda meh. Workaholics is also very funny, at least the first 6 eps of season 1

Breaking Bad is definitely the best show in tv right now, period. Pick your favorite premium channel show and I still think Breaking Bad is better.

I rather enjoy Wilfred, though the last ep was kinda meh. Workaholics is also very funny, at least the first 6 eps of season 1

Maybe I worded that wrong, the "good riddance" was to cable, not good shows on it or you.

I will check it out. Likewise check out BSG. I was SHOCKED at how universally good it was. I wouldn't even classify it as SYFY, the story was so epic.

I almost watched that Uday movie last night and then choose Hostel 3 over it .

Punity said:
I almost watched that Uday movie last night and then choose Hostel 3 over it .

AND??!!!!! Listen bub, we'z happy for you and all, but if you don't offer an opinion on said watched movie.....then...WHAT GOOD ARE YA??????

;)

Haha. Great movie for being the third a nice twist ending. Plus a few nice shots of the womanly goods.

I just got done watching the two seasons they have of Inbetweeners. If you enjoy childish and tastless humor type shows like Workaholics or The League you'd get a kick out of this one.

I knocked out both seasons in just a few days. Lot's of laugh out loud moments.

Just watched One Bright Shining Moment, a documentary about George McGovern. They could've picked some better people to interview so I can't say it was done really well, but just looking at who McGovern was as an anti war voice when there were so few in political power during the Vietnam era makes him an interesting subject. The plus is that McGovern himself appears throughout the film to reflect back on those times.

Mary and Max http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978762/
It's an odd, quirky film; but IMHO, certainly worth watching & based on a true story. It's one of those movies you have some serious doubts about at first, but then after you've laughed & maybe even cried, you have to admit it was pretty good afterall.
Regards, GF.

Thankskilling........wow just wow.

Best line "nice T***s B***h"

I don't really care for the Hostel movies... I actually prefer Saw over them. But even then; I'm not much into senseless gratuituous violence. I prefer something with plot and reason.

Memento is on Netflix. That's an awesome movie. Also, if this brings you back to your highschool days... "The Faculty" is on streaming now

I don't really care for the Hostel movies... I actually prefer Saw over them. But even then; I'm not much into senseless gratuituous violence. I prefer something with plot and reason.

Memento is on Netflix. That's an awesome movie. Also, if this brings you back to your highschool days... "The Faculty" is on streaming now

Hostel was OK, more for the gratuitous tits than the plot, but it was original enough to be good.

The second one sucked, and I am wary of watching the third.

The faculty was actually watchable.

ooh! ooh! There was a hilarious movie. The Ginerbread Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver.

Watch it. You'll laugh.

Hostel 3 is watchable if you are stuck at work and the plants shut down.

Ill have to check out this gingerbread 3

Attrocious was great until the end.

Super 8 was a sickening glimpse into what Spielberg used to be. STOOOOOPID movie that just fell a few chromasomes short of good.

Attrocious was great until the end.

Super 8 was a sickening glimpse into what Spielberg used to be. STOOOOOPID movie that just fell a few chromasomes short of good.

IDK... it wasn't terrible. I mean, I definitely enjoyed watching it at the theatres. Maybe it was just cause of the 'big-screen' effect. The same happened to me with another movie I can't remember now.

I do think the little Fanning girl definitely showed she's a good actor, though.

Hey, is Buried still on streaming? That was amazing to watch.

kid movies can be good.

Brave was pretty freaking awesome (not on netflix). My 4 year old loved it while a few bigger kids were crying around us.

Penguinetti said:
IDK... it wasn't terrible. I mean, I definitely enjoyed watching it at the theatres. Maybe it was just cause of the 'big-screen' effect. The same happened to me with another movie I can't remember now.

I do think the little Fanning girl definitely showed she's a good actor, though.

Hey, is Buried still on streaming? That was amazing to watch.

Buried??? It is your opinion, so I will respect that. But I have to provide the opposition, the movie was so bad I turned it off, didn't even fall asleep to it, I flat out turned it off about 40 mins in...waste of my dollar at redbox. I don't turn movies off very often, this one was too hard to watch.

Buried??? It is your opinion, so I will respect that. But I have to provide the opposition, the movie was so bad I turned it off, didn't even fall asleep to it, I flat out turned it off about 40 mins in...waste of my dollar at redbox. I don't turn movies off very often, this one was too hard to watch.

You are one of few to be in agreement with me on this. My husband fell asleep halfway through watching this and wanted a 'synopsis.'

I provided him this:
'He's in a box. He's in a box. He's in a box. He remains in the box.'
SPOILER ALERT: 'You mean he dies in the box?'
'What do you think?'
'Huh. Like no one could see THAT coming. What a waste of a film.'
'Waste of film? Waste of Ryan Reynolds...' to which my husband laughed because he knows I think he's hot. :D

So the conversation reminds me of a film I got when Netflix was still DVD rentals only.

The Vanishing (1988) which is a Dutch suspense film. Very good film and I highly recommend it.

I looked it up on Netflix Streaming, though, and there is another:

The Vanishing (1993) starring Kiefer Sutherland, Jeff Bridges, etc. Apparently a remake of the Dutch version, but not as good according to IMDB. I haven't seen it yet, so I cannot really weigh in on how it compares.

I finall watched Breaking Bad. Watched the pilot episode on netflix while mashing sunday and ended up watching the entire first season. Next brew day- season two. I have been missing a great show.

I finall watched Breaking Bad. Watched the pilot episode on netflix while mashing sunday and ended up watching the entire first season. Next brew day- season two. I have been missing a great show.

I just started watching last year.nwatched all four seasons in one week. Without a doubt one of the greatest shows ever. And you haven't seen anything yet. Season 3 and 4 are awesome.

Dawnhulio said:
You are one of few to be in agreement with me on this. My husband fell asleep halfway through watching this and wanted a 'synopsis.'

I provided him this:
'He's in a box. He's in a box. He's in a box. He remains in the box.'
SPOILER ALERT: 'You mean he dies in the box?'
'What do you think?'
'Huh. Like no one could see THAT coming. What a waste of a film.'
'Waste of film? Waste of Ryan Reynolds...' to which my husband laughed because he knows I think he's hot. :D

Haha, the entire movie took place with him in the box...there were no scenes outside of the box...which was just ridiculous to me. And boring. I'm surprised anyone actually liked the movie...but everyone has their own thing.

I watched the pilot last week. I liked it but SWMBO was unimpressed. So its likely going to be a brewday, lunch break, wife's gone, type show.

Anyone mention Hell on Wheels yet? I just watched the first 4 episodes and am hooked. Great show so far. Reminds me of Deadwood.

Back