Houston Group Grain Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually not running this one but I would be more than willing to bring yours to the island. just email schaez what specifically you want so you'll get added to the list

Anyone want to split a bag of rice hulls(GP‐RICE)? Guessing most of y'all still have some from a previous buy but I unfortunately do not. It's only $21.50(before shipping and what not) for a 50 lb bag so if we split that several ways would barely cost anything. If people are interested I might take the other half of senordodo's BZ-DWHT. Let me know.

Anyone want to split a bag of rice hulls(GP‐RICE)? Guessing most of y'all still have some from a previous buy but I unfortunately do not. It's only $21.50(before shipping and what not) for a 50 lb bag so if we split that several ways would barely cost anything. If people are interested I might take the other half of senordodo's BZ-DWHT. Let me know.

I'm in for a split of the GP-RICE 1/2... 1/3... 1/4... however it evolves.

Ok I'll take the other half of senordodo's BZ-DWHT. I'm doing my part, think we should only need a few more people to finish this up. Emailing you schaez.

I'll post an updated status tonight.

isurf, let me know if you want a couple of bags. I'll add another bag of 2-row and MO myself to get it closer.

It's a shame this isn't happening closer to the north side of town. Pearland is around 100 miles round trip from me.

It's a shame this isn't happening closer to the north side of town. Pearland is around 100 miles round trip from me.

That's my daily commute... :drunk:

Is there someone in your area that you could carpool with to make the drive to Pearland to make it worth while?

I'm basically at the beltway and Cullen so it's easy to get to from 288.

Cheap grain is always worth it.

Hell I'll take the other 1/2 of senordodo's CM-MUNH, but I'm cutting myself off after that. Someone want to help us out with the last 1/3 of our other bags? Also anyone interested in buying some starsan? The 32 oz bottles look like a deal(at the bottom of the .pdf). I know there's like a $15 dollar hazmat fee so would need a few people splitting that to justify buying some.

Spreadsheet

Updated the spreadsheet. Up to 36.5 bags (1 25 lbs bag)

Here's what I've seen for partial bags. Please email me when they are full.

schaez
-----------------
1/4 Pale Chocolate TFTF‐‐PCHO (changed to 1/4)
1/4 Roasted Barley BDBD‐‐RSTB
--1/4 senordodo
1/4 Pilsen Light (2°L) DME 5760
--1/4 to chapulin
1/2 Briess Insta Grains Flaked Oats 25 lbs 5055

stevebuscemi
-----------------
1/3 - BD‐CR75
1/3 - BZ‐ARO

brauerstein
-----------------
1/2 CM-PILS

Wanted to say senordodo has a third of my two bags up there, just so people know. (Basically just bumping the thread.)

I'll post an updated status tonight.

isurf, let me know if you want a couple of bags. I'll add another bag of 2-row and MO myself to get it closer.

Schaez, please put me down for 2 sacks CM-2 Row. I will follow up with paypal tommorow morning.

Thanks, Jeff

kingwood-kid said:
I'm in Western Humble, if that qualifies. I can transport it to my house if that gets you in.

I appreciate that. I guess you talked me into it. I live about 30 min north of Humble.
I'm in for:
1 bag CM 2 Row
The other 1/2 of brauerstein's CM-SPIL
The other half of schaez's Insta grain flaked oats

What's the count now? How many more bags are needed and what are the current non-filled partial sacks?

schaez
-----------------
1/4 Pale Chocolate TFTF‐‐PCHO (changed to 1/4)
1/4 Roasted Barley BDBD‐‐RSTB
--1/4 senordodo
1/4 Pilsen Light (2°L) DME 5760
--1/4 to chapulin

stevebuscemi
-----------------
1/3 - BD‐CR75
1/3 - Senordodo
1/3 - BZ‐ARO
1/3- senordodo

GP-RICE(rice hulls) currently being split between me, sapperxl, and senordodo but the more the merrier.

That's the partial bags as I see it, would very much appreciate someone taking the remaining third of my two bags, or helping schaez out with his for that matter. I'll let him answer about the count.

Spreadsheet

Updated the spreadsheet and we are full. 2302 lbs. I'll be putting things together and requesting a quote. Once I get that I'll send out the info for the actual costs. This may take a little time. If you haven't emailed me your info please do so now. Once it ships it gets here fast. I'll work out pick-up timing as we get closer.

Email me (1st post) if you have any questions. If you missed out we'll do this again in 4 months or so. Subscribe to this thread and I'll post in it when I start another thread.

First off, whohoo we're full.

Second for Ryan, just how are you going to measure out 2.83333333333333333... lbs for sapperxl?

Any eta on the grain? Not in a hurry or anything I'm just wondering if I should goto the LHBS and get some for a batch or if I can wait for the bulk stuff to get here. I have zero grain on hand and it's freaking me out a little, can't let the pipeline go dry.

sapperxl said:
Any eta on the grain? Not in a hurry or anything I'm just wondering if I should goto the LHBS and get some for a batch or if I can wait for the bulk stuff to get here. I have zero grain on hand and it's freaking me out a little, can't let the pipeline go dry.

It should ship Friday and get here next week.

Thanks again Ryan for setting up the group buy, brewed a pale ale today with the grain from it, nothing like good beer except cheap good beer.

Would love to get in on your next bulk buy. I'm less likely to get shot buying bulk grain than sneaking in through an open window at your house to "borrow" some of yours.

Thanks

janitorjerm, we'll do this again. I might shoot for November or December depending on demand.

Shucks, wish I would've seen this too Vallensons and I are enjoying the grains from the previous buy. It sure would be nice to do a bulk hops buy.

I find that Hopsdirect prices are good enough for me. I sometimes try to split a pound but most of the time I keep the whole pound.

I buy hops by the pound at http://www.nikobrew.com/. Hopsdirect have good prices too but they are always out of what I want.
Get on the mailing list for his sales; he will often sell many varieties at $10 per lb.
From the last sale, I bought enough hops to keep me brewing for at least 2 years.

From the last sale, I bought enough hops to keep me brewing for at least 2 years.

That's how I feel about the grain I bought from the 2nd Group Buy. :fro:

I would be interested in a few pounds of hops, though. When the next buy comes around, we might need to get some bulk hops happening, too. :)

I don't do paypal. Be happy to pay cash up front, or something like that. If you do this again, can you work with that?

Back