Beersmith2 adjusting cost to a ingredient on a single recipe only?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jukas

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

I can't seem to find a way to adjust cost on a specific ingredient only at the single recipe level.

The most common example is when adding yeast, if I'm using a wash or a slant it still pulls the same cost as if I was using a retail package. If I change it to $0 it updates it across all recipes :(

On a similar vein, I see the recipe supports a version #, but any change you make to the recipe updates in all versions?

I just bought grains at my LHBS for a blonde ale, but when I got there they didn't have Crystal 10L, they only had Crystal 20L. I can't update the recipe for a single brew (version) without it updating the "master recipe"?

Jukas said:
Folks,

I can't seem to find a way to adjust cost on a specific ingredient only at the single recipe level.

The most common example is when adding yeast, if I'm using a wash or a slant it still pulls the same cost as if I was using a retail package. If I change it to $0 it updates it across all recipes :(

On a similar vein, I see the recipe supports a version #, but any change you make to the recipe updates in all versions?

I just bought grains at my LHBS for a blonde ale, but when I got there they didn't have Crystal 10L, they only had Crystal 20L. I can't update the recipe for a single brew (version) without it updating the "master recipe"?

You can use the substitute button, change the ingredient and then do a save as instead of save

Back