This doesn't look wrong at all.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
I had to laugh as I was weighing out my hops and mash salts. If someone happened to walk by who didn't know about homebrewing...

ingredients.jpg

-Joe

Be better (or worse) if you were using leaf hops.

Wonder if drug smugglers have ever thought about pelletizing marijuana? Seems like it would take up less space.

LOL. A buddy of mine had the cops show up at his while he was sitting at a table in his front window measuring out a shrink wrapping hops from a massive order he did. One of the neighbors across the street who didn't like him any way made the call.

The funny thing is my buddy is a Police Dispatcher, and everyone in his department knows he brews. So the cops had a fun time showing up at his door when they got the call. :D

Now maybe im just a vindictive person but it would seem an unwise move to piss off the neighbor if he works at the police dept.

I went to Walmart to buy a scale for brewing, and needed aluminum foil and small plastic bags. They gave me an odd look when I was at the U-Scan buying only those items, then I looked at what I was buying together and realized why.

i had our local county meth task force show up on a brew day this summer. these guys dont come up and knock on your door. i turned and saw a black fatigued officer with what looked like a "k" version of an AR-15.

after i was allowed to get off the ground him and his 4 comrads inspected my home and subsequently left while giving me a clean bill of health and i they a basic knowledge of homebrewing.

now, about the ******* across the commons that thought i was cooking dope.....

My wife is really into gardening so come March she sets up lights and starts flowers for the summer gardens. Between that and the hops in the freezer and my yeast starters, people probably think we grow some mad bud and cook up a bit of meth on the side.

i had our local county meth task force show up on a brew day this summer. these guys dont come up and knock on your door. i turned and saw a black fatigued officer with what looked like a "k" version of an AR-15.

after i was allowed to get off the ground him and his 4 comrads inspected my home and subsequently left while giving me a clean bill of health and i they a basic knowledge of homebrewing.

now, about the ******* across the commons that thought i was cooking dope.....

If this is true, I would be pissed. They can't just pull that **** and be like "my bad". Did a neighbor call or did they happen to drive by and see you using a turkey fryer?

a neighbor called. a neighbor that has "issues" with most of the neighborhood. his family was the original landowners and once we dissolved the community commitee, which he ruled for 20 yrs, he has taken to calling the police and code enforcement for uncut lawns and parked cars faced the wrong way. kids on 4 wheelers, etc.

Too awesome you made this thread! I was brewing the other day and my roommate brought some people over I didn't know too well. Saw everything out and were a little awkward. Finally asked if I was a chemist, "or something..." I laughed and poured them a homebrew!

I have never had any issues with suspicious neighbors or thank God cops. Perhaps it helps that I always bring a keg or two to the neighborhood block party for everyone to enjoy.

But yeah looking at all the paraphernalia I have laying around you would think I was a Pablo Escobar or something.

i chuckeled at this same exact thing yesterday. I was weighing out hops for a dry hop i was doing, had a little glass ramekin on a small digital scale and couldn't help but laugh, then i put the scale away and saw all my little equipment next to baggies..

Neighbor across the canal asked if I'm making meth. I asked him if he has a sail boat in his yard. Long story short he built his own projector screen out of 2x4s and 4x4s with a 20 foot screen that looks like a sailboat above the bushes.

Back