First time bottleing, have a question!??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyb15fd

Reaction score
I am bottleing my first batch today and I was cleaning all my equipment. I washed the bucket that I am going to transfer the beer into.. I washed the bucket with oxyclean and water, rinsed it out very well and sprayed the inside with C-Brite to sanitize the inside.. My question is, do i have to wipe the C-Brite residue out of the bucket or is it ok just to leave it in there and have it dry on its own..??

Sorry! I don't know what C-brite is. If it's a no-rinse sanitizer, then you don't need to let it dry. I've never heard of it, or used it, so I'm not much help unfortunately.

According to http://www.fallbright.com/newsc_brite.htm C-Brite is a no rinse sanitizer, (but cannot be sold as such). You therefore don't need to wipe the residue out of the bucket if used at the recommended concentration. However, the words "wipe the C-Brite residue" confuse me. If mixed in the right concentration, I don't think you should have any residue.

-a.

My first kit came with C-brite and the instructions said to rinse. Smells like bleach too, I rinsed it. I have since started using Iodophor.

Back