Refrigerator to Kegerator Conversion ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaloAltoMark

Reaction score
I am converting a standard size Frigidaire refrigerator into a kegerator. I want to drill holes in the side of the refrigerator to run gas lines from the regulator to the kegs. I'm concerned about drilling through wiring or some other important component. The manual doesn't provide specific information and the manufacturer was not helpful either.

Does anyone know of a way to determine what might be placed on the side of a refrigerator or have experience with Frigidaire?

Thanks

-Mark

If there is a set of coils or a grid of tubing on the back, then there won't be any in the walls.

There's a method of painting the sides with starch dissolved in vodka, then running the fridge, which people use on smaller units. Should work on yours.

If there is a set of coils or a grid of tubing on the back, then there won't be any in the walls.

There's a method of painting the sides with starch dissolved in vodka, then running the fridge, which people use on smaller units. Should work on yours.

To expand on what david said, mix corn starch and vodka, then paint it onto the fridge walls while it's running, (open the door or turn down the thermostat to make the compressor kick on). The starch/vodka mix will dry first where the coils are inside the walls of the fridge. But like he said, if there are coils on the BACK of the fridge, there are most likely none in the walls.

Latest posts

Back