Big Brew equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBurpBarney

Reaction score
Hey All,

First time posting here. Crazy question, lets say someone wants to step up their game and start brewing on a larger scale, what kind of equipment would that require? Kinda of thinking of a compact system but not like a micro brewery. Just wondering if people can point me to any resources about equipment, like stainless tanks/vessels, who makes the best and is there a market for used equipment? Looking for something like a checklist I could go through to see everything I would need to brew on a larger scale. I know there's a lot more to it than the equipment itself, just kinda putting feelers out there. Anyway, appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks, BBB

I asked my local steel fabricator for a quote for a 100 gallon conical bottomed fermentor and it was a reasonable $1300. That would need to go into a refrigerated space as it was not lined. Used equipment is available from nabs, ager-tank and soundbrew. NABS has a really nice 2bbl system that they have for sale to give you an idea. Good luck!

I came across a website called probrewer.com that has all sorts of information about hitting the big time.

Ahhhh.... how nice it would be to own a brewery. There is a brewery in Detroit that I would say has a 1,200 sq ft restaurant with the basics and 3 maybe 2-4 BBl fermenters. Seems to do just fine....

Oh, that's a good idea about the steel fabricator. I've seen some places that wrap their fermentation tanks and pump water around the outside of them. I'm actually not sure how many BBl's I would be looking at, still figuring that out, but no Bud manufaturing setup for sure. Thanks for the info so far.

There are some reasonable, used turn-key brew-houses out there on the used market. They are nice because they often include the "additional" pieces you want, like valves and clamps, and they have really nice welding.

Bottom line, keep doing what you are doing - do your homework!

probrewer.com is a great resource.

Unless you are brewing for resale I don't know why you would want to brew large batches. There are to many differant styles and recipes to limit yourself like that.

Unless you are brewing for resale I don't know why you would want to brew large batches. There are to many differant styles and recipes to limit yourself like that.

Maybe he's just realy, really thirsty............:tank:

Back