Trashcan Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lessons that I have learned fiberglassing:

1) Resin will eat all insulation, need to have cardboard, or at least painters tape to make a barrier.

2) Make sure there is enough hardener ( put my project months behind waiting for first layer to harden).

3) More layers make it stronger, not more resin.

4) Throwing a LOT of resin, with a LOT of hardener, means it is going to set up fast. You best have it where you want it.

I appreciate the effort but gotta ask why??? Seems like a lot of unecessary work and expense. Aslo looks like it adds a lot of weight to the can. Not criticizing just want to know what your goals and throught process is on the project.

She's going out for duty tomorrow. 35 gallon potential. I think I may be druck.

ForumRunner_20110528_020542.jpg

I know this thread is pretty old but I'm thinking of building one of these for my wedding.

What about putting a larger piece of plywood or Masonite on the front to cover the trashcan?

Is the insulation necessary?

I built one of these for a party this coming weekend. I'll post a review of performance next week. I apologize for the blurry inside pic. It looked good enough on the iphone not to take another.

photo 2.jpg

photo 1.jpg

I built one of these for a party this coming weekend. I'll post a review of performance next week. I apologize for the blurry inside pic. It looked good enough on the iphone not to take another.

Looks great...i have to build something like this,or a jockey box for stanfest this summer.

Back