new brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlg779

Reaction score
Just sampled my first batch at 10 days in the bottle carb level was still a little low but has cleared up very nicely. The problem was it had kind of an off taste possibly just green do you think another week or two in the bottle will help

I always try to go 2-3weeks in the bottle if I can. Lets the flavor mellow and the carb occur. What type of beer did you make?

Just sampled my first batch at 10 days in the bottle carb level was still a little low but has cleared up very nicely. The problem was it had kind of an off taste possibly just green do you think another week or two in the bottle will help

Its going to be green at 10 days for sure. 3 weeks at ~70 is the minimum. The beer isn't finished just yet. The yeast need time to consume the secondary products of fermentation and continue carbonating.

Tasted again at 17 days it is definitely better but has no head

tlg779 said:
Tasted again at 17 days it is definitely better but has no head

No head or no carb?

I mean does it fizz but not retain head after pouring or is there little to no fizz at all?

Carb seems pretty good but just a film of foam when pooring

Back