Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OblivionsGate

Reaction score
So the first brew day went well, some minor things with boiling, nothing too bad.

Within 24 hours it was bubbling in the airlock and fermentation was on its way.

Today (full day 2), someone went into the basement and moved the primary around (i dont know how much) and now its not bubbling anymore!

What should I do, is it going to be ok, is it wasted, re-yeast?

HELP!

I don't think anything is wrong. I've seen people say to shake the primary to agitate the yeast to get things going again. Just give it a little time....And kick whoever's ass moved your beer!

what type of beer did u make? some wheat beers i've done went like gangbusters for 12-36 hrs then stopped. also when he/she moved the carboy it would have released ant co2 in suspension. in other words RDWHAHB :mug:
:rockin: :rockin:

Well, they moved it probably about 3 or 4 hours ago and there is still no bubbling. Is that the time frame? Is it just going to take a while to kick back up?

I would kick their ass, but its my mom! That's what you get for brewing at home b/c you and your buddy's apartments are too small, lit, and warm to ferment beer!

eriktlupus said:
what type of beer did u make? some wheat beers i've done went like gangbusters for 12-36 hrs then stopped. also when he/she moved the carboy it would have released ant co2 in suspension. in other words RDWHAHB :mug:
:rockin: :rockin:

English brown ale, from extract kit.

btw, not too up on the brew terms, RDWHAHB??

RDWHAHB= Relax Don't Worry Have A Home Brew

It's a quote from a book by Charlie Papazian entitled
The Complete Joy Of Homebrewing

Haha! Good stuff.

Well, I guess the last question then is I'm about to head back to my apartment, should I just let it ride in case it ferments more and throw it into secondary in a few days, or should I secondary it now?

Would there be anything wrong with leaving it in primary for "too long?"

Thank you so much for your help and quick responses, I swear I'll pay the community back one day!

Sounds good, well I guess I'll just grab a gravity reading sometime next weekend and go from there.

Thanks again, hopefully I won't have any more ******* questions between now and then, but who knows :confused:

Some guys on here have ditched the secondary all-together, so I guess it won't hurt your beer. But I also think it doesn't hurt to get yor beer off of all that trub and fallen out yeast on the bottom. Either way, I'm still a NOOB!

Different strokes for differnet brewers....

RDWHAHBKMA

The last three for "kick mom's ass."

Actually moving around doesn't matter much. I don't use a secondary yet, so for my first batch I let in sit in the primary for 4 weeks.

After 2, i swirled it around to get things going again, then let it sit for 2 more. Acts a bit as a secondary that way.

heertsy said:
RDWHAHBKMA

The last three for "kick mom's ass."

Yeah, I was pretty unhappy about it. But I can only be so pissed since I don't live there and expected her to not move something in her basement.

From this thread, I don't think I really have that much to be pissed about anyway

Latest posts

Back