Byo Bs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
So I had my system in BYO and was supposed to also get some cool swag, like a BYO Euro sticker, a White Labs T-shirt, a couple comp copies of my article. Well, so far I haven't seen anything. I have even sent them a couple e-mails. I think they are using me man, trying to build their success on my back, you know, stick it to the little guy. I may have to pull out all the stops and look in the Old Testament for some hoodoo voodoo to put on them. That or send them another e-mail...

You look nothing like I expected... ha! That's why my mug isn't in my article. That kinda stinks about them stiffing you though... hopefully they will come through.

I still haven't even got a copy of the Zymurgy my article was just in... although I was able to get them to email me a PDF version - yesterday! Hopefully my copies are in the mail... I ended up just trading them for a few years subscription to the AHA. Seemed fair enough... although they didn't kick in the subscription until I re-prompted them yesterday. I'm chalking it all up to the holidays.

I'll PM it to you and anyone else who asks... I'll post it as soon as they give me permission. I mean, I kept the rights to the article but not as formated and printed by them.

Brewpastor said:
So I had my system in BYO and was supposed to also get some cool swag, like a BYO Euro sticker, a White Labs T-shirt, a couple comp copies of my article. Well, so far I haven't seen anything. I have even sent them a couple e-mails. I think they are using me man, trying to build their success on my back, you know, stick it to the little guy. I may have to pull out all the stops and look in the Old Testament for some hoodoo voodoo to put on them. That or send them another e-mail...

Just say the word, and I'll call up some hard pipe hittin' brothers and we'll straighten this out for you. But of course I'd send them another email first. Maybe they're backed up after the holidays and all.

Baron von BeeGee said:
I let me subscription expire...that should get there attention. When they come groveling I'll let them know why!

Arrgh! Me SWMBO just got me a subcription fer Christmas, so it cost me nary a doubloon! I'm sure there quaking in there boots at the thought of not sending me stuff.

:cross:

Well, maybe they UPS'd it to you. It's probably sitting in Alberquerque with your beer/wine from me.

Lorena

By the way, today is the day that UPS is supposed to give me a final answer on if your shipment is lost. I'll be sending out a new one today to you- I'll see if Fedex can pick it up, but up here in No-man's-land, it's usually UPS.

lorenae said:
Well, maybe they UPS'd it to you. It's probably sitting in Alberquerque with your beer/wine from me.

Lorena

By the way, today is the day that UPS is supposed to give me a final answer on if your shipment is lost. I'll be sending out a new one today to you- I'll see if Fedex can pick it up, but up here in No-man's-land, it's usually UPS.

You should make UPS brew you some beer to replace the stuff that's lost!

My favorite UPS delivery, two not one TWO empty boxes that were supposed to be suspension struts. I was there when the guy dropped them off. The ends had been taped up & he insisted the contents were ok. I pointed to the weight, 12 lbs each, and asked him if the boxes felt like 12 lbs. he felt they were close. I made him wait while I opened the boxes. They were empty. At that point he admitted that something might be missing.

It's beginning to look like you've stumbled upon a plot perpetrated by the Establishment to keep a Brother ( and Sister) down. It's all about male corporate white oppression and the proletariat. We got to rise up and unite ! Let them know that this aggression will not stand! They treat women like... objects, man!

That or UPS just lost your stuff. It happens, I hear.

I say go Old Testiment on em. Here's how I sum it up; New Testiment: Be nice to each other. Old Testiment: Don't mess with God. God is on YOUR side, BP! Go get em!

I confess. I called BYO and told them you moved to Midlothian, VA and in the meantime, I would accept the BYO bling on your behalf. They were very nice about the whole mixup.

beer4breakfast said:
BYO is not a well-run outfit. I ordered a subscription for myself and one for my brother months ago. My brother got his and I got the bill (it was a gift subscription), but I've never gotten my subscription. I think BYO are idiots with no competence and zero sense of customer service.

That's insane. As many people begin to learn more and more about homebrewing, (just look at the increase in people here since getting kits for Christmas) it's insane for a publication like BYO to appear to be such slackers! I mean, sure we have a great time and tend to not take everything seriously, but when it comes to HB, well, there's no excuse.

Keep giving them grief Pastor. They more than likely got a few purchases from those that frequent this site alone.

Ize

I've been thinking of getting a subscription to BYO or Zymurgy.. I have to tell you.. after all the negatives I've read on here about BYO (issues not sent, months to get the subscription started, screwing a homebrewer...) I think my vote has been seriously swayed towards avoiding BYO and getting Zymurgy instead!

Orpheus said:
I've been thinking of getting a subscription to BYO or Zymurgy.. I have to tell you.. after all the negatives I've read on here about BYO (issues not sent, months to get the subscription started, screwing a homebrewer...) I think my vote has been seriously swayed towards avoiding BYO and getting Zymurgy instead!

Plus, if you act fast - you can read my kick arse article in the latest issue of Zymurgy!

beer4breakfast said:
BYO is not a well-run outfit. I ordered a subscription for myself and one for my brother months ago. My brother got his and I got the bill (it was a gift subscription), but I've never gotten my subscription. I think BYO are idiots with no competence and zero sense of customer service.
Zymurgy did the same thing to me. SWMBO ordered a subscription in my name, and joined the HBA in my name, only to get a card in her name and the magazine in her name. She barely drinks for crying out loud, and now I can't easily reap the brewpub benefits from the membership without having her along. What joy is that ??

Orpheus said:

I have both. Similar magazines. Similar frustrations.

Well they made good. I received a package with a couple extra copies a great T-shirt a cool mug. It seems the person I had been dealing with is now a former employee. BYO is back in my graces!:ban:

Brewpastor said:
Well they made good. I received a package with a couple extra copies a great T-shirt a cool mug. It seems the person I had been dealing with is now a former employee. BYO is back in my graces!:ban:
It's good to hear that they came through. I wonder if they know how much publicity they get here at HBT?

RichBrewer said:
It's good to hear that they came through. I wonder if they know how much publicity they get here at HBT?
My guess would be they do, but it's hard to say. Chris Colby posts on the greenboard, and if I were running a magazine I would certainly be checking out forums that pertained to the subject matter just as a matter of easy market research.

Baron von BeeGee said:
My guess would be they do, but it's hard to say. Chris Colby posts on the greenboard, and if I were running a magazine I would certainly be checking out forums that pertained to the subject matter just as a matter of easy market research.
and to find out what home brewers are saying about their magazine

Latest posts

Back