hlt pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackwaterbrewer

Reaction score
i am working on a brewing setup which i will post pictures of once it is done.
is there a cheap way to pump ONLY mash and sparge water with out spending $150.00? i just want to move water from HLT to mash tun without having to dump or use gravity. if this has been covered, please post link. i did a search and didn't find it.

10901_lg.gif

i am working on a brewing setup which i will post pictures of once it is done.
is there a cheap way to pump ONLY mash and sparge water with out spending $150.00?
Not for a new high temp pump.
How much can you spend?
Mash pump is not the same as a wort pump.
Mash pumps start around $500.00 for brass body.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I know a couple of people using a pump from a dishwasher. Don't know where they got them but they seem happy with them.

I will use a used hot water circulation pump both for circulating the mash and transporting the water from the HLT to the MLT.

Harbor freight says the max temperature with that pump is 125F. I was also concerned about Warning #4 in the manual...

4. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT IF UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS. :D

thanks for all the replies. i just pulled the pump off an old industrial coffee urn which i am converting to a brewing system. it works beautifully. here is a picture. now if i could just get my connections to stop leaking!!
0213.JPG

Back