Threaded Insert for Perlick forward seating faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhommedieu

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought a Perlick forward seating faucet and was wondering which threaded insert you would recommend so that I could attach a custom handle?

Amazon has this one listed, and given the advice and caveats listed in the reviews section, it seems like a good price for 25 of these little guys. I'm sure that I'll find a use for the other 24 inserts, lol.

Best,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do want a threaded insert, you can find them at home depot or lowe's. I made myself 3 tap handles from white labs yeast vials by putting them into the cap.

Here's a schematic for what you need: http://www.mcmaster.com/#90016a031/=qdl94s

I got some similar to that at Lowe's for about $1.50 each if I recall. The import part is the 3/8" internal thread (the outside doesn't really matter).

Thanks for your responses. I ended up drilling for an insert but put some wood glue in there just to make sure. I posted this on another thread but here's how it ended up:

1480678_515413675222455_1103189007_n.jpg

Best,

Steve

Back