Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ug I just wanted bill to tell me when he's back. I'm having lunch in the city because I didn't read he was taking off. That's on me.

Neopol said:
Frank I just verified that I have 16.75 lbs and I had to run back to Bills for something and weighed the Opteek sack and its also 16 lbs plus a bit for the paper sack. Check your bins that was the first one measured.

Thank you for checking, im gonna double check everything again when i get home tonight.....in the meantime, if theres an extra 1/3 sack (roughly 16lbs) of C40 laying around by Bills, its probably mine haha

Thank you for checking, im gonna double check everything again when i get home tonight.....in the meantime, if theres an extra 1/3 sack (roughly 16lbs) of C40 laying around by Bills, its probably mine haha

hbf, do you have any way of weighing your loose grain? if so, weigh it all up and then check it against what you ordered. maybe you placed it in a bin and mislabeled it? I will definitely keep an eye out for it.

srbailey said:
Bill I can come over Friday morning or Sunday afternoon. What is best for you?

I will let you know tomorrow once I have a better idea of what my machinery movers have scheduled. Ideally, Sunday before the Bears game would be nice if possible.

I have to work Saturday and Sunday. I think I get off about noon on Sunday and I am in Western burbs so would likely be around 1:00. Maybe Friday morning or evening would be better.

srbailey said:
I have to work Saturday and Sunday. I think I get off about noon on Sunday and I am in Western burbs so would likely be around 1:00. Maybe Friday morning or evening would be better.

Friday evening would work.

bmason1623 said:
hbf, do you have any way of weighing your loose grain? if so, weigh it all up and then check it against what you ordered. maybe you placed it in a bin and mislabeled it? I will definitely keep an eye out for it.

Great idea, im going to do that as soon as i get home!!!!

Neopol said:
I will head down this afternoon, I'll shoot for between 4-5, so you FFF beer guys get your orders early.

MiamiWeiss and Brewingmeister, let me know if you want to pickup later this evening or whats best for you.

Just picked up my grains from Neopol, made my starter, and should be brewing in about 36 hours! Thanks again Neopol for picking up my order!

Ok, thanks to a great suggestion from Bill, i took inventory and just weighed everything that i brought home....2full sacks of TF MO, 27lbs of TF MO (i split a sack with forstmeister), 1 full sack of Great Western Prem. 2-row, 18lbs of TF Malted Rye (full sack i split with scotty77 and havoc531), 18lbs Best Malz Cara-pils (split sack from The One Buz, also split with Demon)........thats literally everything i have.

The C40 sack was split with brewingmeister (which i gave to Neopol and he confirmed it was only 18lbs, he was also awesome enough and when he went back, he weighed the sack labeled for Opteek and it was also 18lbs) so the last 18lbs of it is floating there somewhere i believe, dont waste time looking for it, if it turns up or of theres a rogue 1/3 sack, perfect..... if not, its my own fault, dont go crazy over it.

homebrewfrank said:
Ok, thanks to a great suggestion from Bill, i took inventory and just weighed everything that i brought home....2full sacks of TF MO, 27lbs of TF MO (i split a sack with forstmeister), 1 full sack of Great Western Prem. 2-row, 18lbs of TF Malted Rye (full sack i split with scotty77 and havoc531), 18lbs Best Malz Cara-pils (split sack from The One Buz, also split with Demon)........thats literally everything i have.

The C40 sack was split with brewingmeister (which i gave to Neopol and he confirmed it was only 18lbs, he was also awesome enough and when he went back, he weighed the sack labeled for Opteek and it was also 18lbs) so the last 18lbs of it is floating there somewhere i believe, dont waste time looking for it, if it turns up or of theres a rogue 1/3 sack, perfect..... if not, its my own fault, dont go crazy over it.

I'll look for it again. Do you know what kind of bag it's in?

srbailey said:
Ok Friday evening it is. Perfect, I am going to be working in the city Friday. I will find out what time we should be off work. Thanks.

Sounds good.

miamiweiss said:
Just picked up my grains from Neopol, made my starter, and should be brewing in about 36 hours! Thanks again Neopol for picking up my order!

Your welcome, and thanks for the beers at Floyd's.

homebrewfrank said:

If it doesn't turn up I'll give you some of the dark crystal II I bought but you'll have to come get it. Its about a c85.

homebrewfrank said:
Bill, i'm about 90% sure i left my 1/3 sack of Great Western C40 there somewhere, i'm almost sure its still in the sack labeled for Opteek. I remember splitting off the 1/3 sack for Brewingmeister to give to Neopol, but i don't remember taking my 1/3 of it lol.....is it ok if Opteek leaves it there for me to pick up on Tuesday of next week?

Opteek, if Bill says its ok, would you mind leaving me the last 1/3 of the C40 split, i totally forgot to take my 1/3 out of the sack haha

Who was in on the c40 split? Which splits have already been delivered?

Bill I have Brewmeisters 1/3 of C40, which I weighed again yesterday while at your place. This will be delivered tomorrow, awaiting confirmation on a time.
I also weighed the paper bag with opteeks name on it and it also weighed out correct. 16.66666 lb plus sack weight

So it is probable if its there, its in a grain sack, and possibly we wrote opteek on two partials.

I'll be there Saturday AM. Thanks again Bill.

Also, if anyone is looking for ball lock kegs I bought some good used kegs from a guy in the NW burbs off craigslist for $40 with new rings. He has 3,000 of them.

Cough, cough..... Yeast Bank Project. I got some 3711 French Saison frozen in glycerin ~1 billion per tube so you have to step it up a couple times.
I just made a second round (with the frozen yeast) of a saison with a FG of 0.998 and it is tasty. Will be by Bill's Saturday Morning.

Just saying,
Dan B.

Is anyone able to handle the physical splitting of the Cascade hop split? I just landed in Denver to speak at a conference and my pickup guy just messaged me to say he's unable to pickup from Bill's. I've got a backup, but they have no idea other than 'I'm here to pickup for Cad'

Is anyone able to handle the physical splitting of the Cascade hop split? I just landed in Denver to speak at a conference and my pickup guy just messaged me to say he's unable to pickup from Bill's. I've got a backup, but they have no idea other than 'I'm here to pickup for Cad'

I can handle it Saturday morning.

Edit: I can Friday night. Wife just informed me I need to be home all day Saturday.

dbals said:
Cough, cough..... Yeast Bank Project. I got some 3711 French Saison frozen in glycerin ~1 billion per tube so you have to step it up a couple times.
I just made a second round (with the frozen yeast) of a saison with a FG of 0.998 and it is tasty. Will be by Bill's Saturday Morning.

Just saying,
Dan B.

I'd love to grab a slant of this for the next buy or maybe I'll ride the bike up on Saturday, I want to do a black pepper citrus farmhouse.
Is this a strain to continue to culture up?
I keep 007, 500, 1056, 3787, and 2308 in a cycle. If you or anyone has interest, 007 and 1056 on the spinner for weekend brews.

dbals said:

Just saying,
Dan B.

I'll take some! Thanks.

I'd love to grab a slant of this for the next buy or maybe I'll ride the bike up on Saturday, I want to do a black pepper citrus farmhouse.
Is this a strain to continue to culture up?
I keep 007, 500, 1056, 3787, and 2308 in a cycle. If you or anyone has interest, 007 and 1056 on the spinner for weekend brews.

Done, I'll bring several vials (1st generation). I stepped it up twice from the frozen state and pitched it in a 1.064 clone of Tank 7 https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/bucket-7-a-304121/ was down to 0.998 on day 7. Would love some 1056! How does 3787 compare to WLP500? Thinking of making an Abbey Ale soon.

Neopol said:
If it doesn't turn up I'll give you some of the dark crystal II I bought but you'll have to come get it. Its about a c85.

Thats a very generous offer, if i take u up on it, beers on me at Floyds!!!!

Just saying,
Dan B.

I'd be interested in some.

I have slants of Wyeast 1056, 3522 (Belgian Ardennes), 1318 (London Ale III), and 1469 (West Yorkshire) that I can bring. I also have some top-cropped 1318 that's been sitting in the fridge for a few days, and I have something fermenting with 1469 right now, so I can top-crop from that as well.

I think I'll be picking up some time on Saturday.

Neopol said:
Bill I have Brewmeisters 1/3 of C40, which I weighed again yesterday while at your place. This will be delivered tomorrow, awaiting confirmation on a time.
I also weighed the paper bag with opteeks name on it and it also weighed out correct. 16.66666 lb plus sack weight

So it is probable if its there, its in a grain sack, and possibly we wrote opteek on two partials.

Bill, this info is accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back