Using clear labels..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never used clear for beer bottles, but I have used them on a glass poster frame. The thing to watch out for is air bubbles. If there's a bubble under the label, it will appear opaque. It's quite hard to get it to lay down flat. I had some success with using water on the glass to give me time to push the air out, but it did make the printer ink run a bit. Maybe if I had let the label sit after printing for a week or something???

Another issue you may run into, at least on a non-laser printer is the opacity of the ink. I ran into this problem using printable model decals. Depending on the color of the back ground, some of the printed colors would wash out. Kind of like using a red "Sharpie" marker on a beer bottle.

However if it works out let us know!

I just picked up some 4x3.33 inch clear shipping labels thinking it would be a great solution. Didn't work out too well. The labels looked great right after printing, but when I stuck them on the dark brown bottle, you could barely see the label. The white backing made the label stand out, but the colors are all transparent as well, so on the bottle they become very subdued.

I went with white 4x3.33 inch shipping labels and put a background color behind my logo and it worked great.

I'm going to use the clear ones to label kegs and cases. The lighter background color doesn't hide the colors as much.

Back