Tap Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toymaker

Arrgh!
Reaction score
I just finished the first of three matching tap handles for my treasure chest keezer. Masonsjax gave me the idea to take a piece of wood and wrap it with rope. I Pirated his idea and ran with it. I wanted a way to make the handle labeled for the type of beer that's on tap.
I started with a patio/deck spindle from Home Depot for $2.19 I finished it to match the other wood on the keezer. I took a paint stir stick and cut notches in the ends and cut it to the right length. I painted it with chalkboard paint (6 coats). Next I wrapped the handle with rope and hot glued it in one spot every wrap so it stays put. I left some rope at the beginning and the end so I could attach the chalkboard. I drilled dimples in the back of the handle to accept the rope ends and hot glued the ends into the shallow holes. I also installed a brass thread insert into the bottom. Total cost about $6 each. Since this one turned out, I have two more to make!
TapHandle300.jpg

If you haven't seen the rest of the keezer here it is
6818-i-have-mount-co2-regulators-finish-few-trim-pieces-my-treasure-chest-will-complete.jpg

i like it... wouldn't fly in my house though- i'd be afraid the cat would taking a liking to the new scratching posts...

Back