Jack Daniel's Caramel Candy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Jack Daniel's Caramel Candy

1 cup heavy cream
5 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp Jack Daniel's Whiskey

You can substitute 1/4 cup corn sugar + 1/4 cup water for the corn syrup.

Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper and spray the paper lightly with non-stick spray. Put the cream, butter, and salt in a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, pour the mixture into a bowl, and set aside. Combine the sugar, corn syrup and water in the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Continue to cook without stirring until the mixture is a light golden color (a bit over 300 degrees F). Very carefully stir in the cream mixture and whiskey. The mixture will bubble up violently. Continue to boil the mixture for about 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully for boilovers until some water has evaporated from the cream - you should be able to slowly turn the heat up as the candy thickens. Remove it from the heat when a candy thermometer reads 248 degrees F. Pour the candy into the pan and cool.

Cut into bite sized pieces and wrap them individually with waxed paper.

Or, my favorite: melt some of the candy in the microwave and pour over ice cream.

Serve with a whiskey sour, an Irish coffee, or a rich stout.

Variations:
For stronger whiskey flavor, add the liquor at the very end of the boil.
Try other liquors - spiced rum, Crown Royal, Irish cream, Kahlua, cognac, etc...

Yuri, that sounds good. I'd have to substitute another whiskey since I'm out of Jack. It would be Knob Creek.

there's a few beers that i thought would make interesting "beer floats." most people give me a disgusting look when i mention it, but i think some wheat beers would work. probably boddingtons, too.

Back