Austin Homebrew economy pot - dimensions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmcl

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has the 10 gallon economy SS pot from Austin, the one that's $69. I need to know the height and circumference. Thanks.

+1 I didn't know they had them so cheap! Curious of the thickness of the base and walls as well. Thanks :tank:!

Has anyone has bought the economy pot and found that it works with a turkey fryer? I feel like the flame could be too powerful and end up scorching the wort.

I have not used it with the turkey fryer yet, but I have used it over 2 burners with my gas stove works really well. I can't see why it wouldn't work on a turkey fryer.

Did you get one of the turkey fryers that has a flat top, or is it one that fits inside of a metal hoop? Let me know if yours is the second case... I imagine I could get the kit off Amazon (where there's a pot included) and use that pot for general frying.

I've used the AHBS economy pot with a propane burner that makes the turkey fryer look like a bic lighter. I haven't had any wort scorched at all. At full power, I can boil 8 gallons of tap water in 12 minutes.

Back