What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing this weekend come hell-or-high-water, though!

Me too! I haven't brewed since the 4th of July. I was going to wait till my ferm chamber was done, but my temp controller is taking too long to get here from China! I'm having brewers withdrawl!

a cream ale in primary
a pumkin ale in secondary
6 gallons Edworts Apfelwein ready to prime and bottle
5 gallons mead (no fruit, berries, chocolate, limes, mangos, nothing)

1. dark wheat with european ale yeast (fruitless remix)
2. witbier (BYO/Jamil Zainasheff/extra trub dub)
3. american pale ale (cascade happy sierra nevada wannabe)

Orange Honey Wheat

photo-1.jpg

Currently Fermenting..... Blair's a ***** Imperial IPA, pRUMkin Spiced Ale, (x2) of Lil' Saint Nicholas' RIS - one on cherries, the other on bourbon and oak. Plotting my next move now......

Got an AG Carribou Slobber and a 2.5 gallon batch of my Stone Clone Crazy. Should keg the Stone Clone tomorrow.
Haven't used Danstar yeast in ages but it did it's work fast. Pitched it at 68 on Thursday afternoon and 8 hours later....boom. Then this morning (Sat.) it's already showing almost no activity. I know it's still fermenting but the visible krausen didn't last long.

Got a ESB with a touch of amber malt, single hopped with willamette and my 2 christmas belgian beers: a dark strong with port, oak and elderberries, and a golden strong with coriander, orange peel and oak.

PapsD said:
On tap

Creme brulee clone
Smash bitter with m.o. and Willamette

Bottles

Kitchen sink stout

Fermenting

Fat tire clone
Zombie dust clone

Do you have the recipe for the fat tire clone?

I have a Belgian blonde and a two hearted clone going right now

Currently I have an IPA with 2oz Simcoe at 60, 1oz Citra at 15 and 1oz Columbus at 5... OG 1.080 - Still rocking a nice head of krausen after 8 days.

Pale ale that was just brewed today, chipotle blonde that was transferred to secondary today, and a blonde which will be a blueberry blonde starting tomorrow

Hefe and a dry stout, side by side, with blow off tubes running into a shared carboy. Sounds amazing.

Just thought I'd follow up with my clone. According to Brewheads' calculator, my beer came in at 5.3% ABV & 4.2g carbohydrates per 12 oz.

While not the 2.5g carbs that the original has, this tastes MUCH better than ML. This one has the proper color ~2 SRM, a great citrusy hop flavoring at the beginning of the glass that dissipates a little the longer it sits. I have to be careful with it as there is no alcohol warming to speak of, and is very smooth and light going down which is typical of this style.

All in all, I think it's a great base recipe and may play with it a little to find different colors & flavors. :mug:

I also suspect that the Brewheads calculations are off a little bit, since it can't take into account the extent to which the amylase enzyme breaks down the complex sugars, outside of the gravity readings. I'd like to think my carbs are a touch lower, but then again I don't use artificial flavors (hop oil extracts) or cheat with rice syrup solids and the like.

We just transferred Northern Breweries Velvet Rooster to a keg or it's last week and a Fat Tire clone to a keg for it's final week.

- Destin

An imperial stout, waiting for it's whiskey barrel and 6- one gallon batches each hopped with only a single variety. I'm learning my ingredients.

10-gal of pumpkin
10-gal of cinnamon vanilla old ale
5-gal of bourbon stout soaking on tobasco barrel oak
5-gal Flanders red
5-gal peanut butter chocolate stout
5-gal dark lord clone
5-gal blueberry mead
5-gal orange blossom mead
5-gal golden strong

I've been busy :)

Skeezerpleezer's zombie dust clone dry hopping with 3oz's of whole leaf citra.

And

Fat Tire clone

Primary
4gal Coffee Stout
10g Coffee Stout
10g Beligan Wit
10g Spiced Trippel
10g Black IPA -wet hopped w/ Cascade
10g Choc. Stout
Secondary
10g Cream Ale
10g Union Jack Clone
8g Amarillo hopped Belgian Trippel
5g Blackberry Porter
5g Octoberfest Lager
5g Octoberfest Ale
3G Belgian Smalls
3G Vinalla RIS

Long term fermenters
10g Flanders Red in Primary
10g Flanders Red in Sec
10g Belgian Trippel with Brett, and Lacto

IMG_1023.jpg

Thought I would Post a pic These are mine and 2 brew friends. But we can crank some brew out.

Back