5500W RIPP ultra-low density element in Canada?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal

Reaction score
Trying to source a couple of these 5500W RIPP ultra-low density elements in Canada, or even a place in the US that won't charge a fortune in shipping:

Amazon.com: Camco #02963 5500W 240V Ripp Element: Home Improvement

Anyone find one or any ULD elements in Canada?

It seems to be the one that everyone uses. ULD is 50W/sq-inch to avoid scorching the wort. Important for the boil kettle, not important in the HLT of course.

Kal

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Was at Home Depot (Canada) today and they don't have any low density ones at all. I'll keep looking.

Kal

Just to complete the loop:

Ended up buying two of them from Rons's Home & Hardware (link). $17/each

Shipping was $26 to Canada (ouch) but couldn't see anywher else to get it cheaper, and missed one on ebay.

Kal

Just to complete the loop:

Ended up buying two of them from Rons's Home & Hardware (link). $17/each

Shipping was $26 to Canada (ouch) but couldn't see anywher else to get it cheaper, and missed one on ebay.

Kal
Hi Kal,

How did you get it shipped to Canada? When I asked Rons two days ago I've been told that shipping over here was not possible.

''We appreciate your interest but unfortunately we do not ship outside of the US at this time. We are hoping to offer international shipping options in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with and have a great day!

Regards,

Ron's Customer Service Team''

The cheapest I found elsewhere is at Promax commerce:

http://www.promaxcommerce.com/5500W-240V-Ripp-Element/M/B000BPG4LI.htm

Hi Kal,

How did you get it shipped to Canada? When I asked Rons two days ago I've been told that shipping over here was not possible.

''We appreciate your interest but unfortunately we do not ship outside of the US at this time. We are hoping to offer international shipping options in the near future. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with and have a great day!

Regards,

Ron's Customer Service Team''

The cheapest I found elsewhere is at Promax commerce:

http://www.promaxcommerce.com/5500W-240V-Ripp-Element/M/B000BPG4LI.htm

Afraid I don't remember. That was over 3 years ago! If they no longer ship to Canada then their shipping policies have changed.

Kal

I'm looking too for this kind of water element in canada. I found that amazon.com can ship it here, but it's 24$ for the element and 20$ for the shipping. So 44$ for this element. Any update on this? Someone found another place or another way to go around?

They're nearly impossible to find in Canada.

Buy a couple or other things as well and you'll split the shipping amongst multiple items. When I set up my system, I wished it was a simple as just being able to click and buy at Amazon!

Some people have said they've found them at Home Depot's but I've never seen any and I've looked in many. I think they may have been confused with a different element.

Kal

Back