oktoberfest ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokiua4

Reaction score
and yes i do mean ale.i'm a huge oktoberfest fan but i do not have any lagering equiptment.so me and the guy at my LHBS came up with this recipie and i figured i would give it a shot and i gotta say i was surprisingly pleased with the outcome.it made for a very smooth clean tasting beer.my only complaint about it is it doesn't really have that almost spicey finish to it.i don't want to drasticly change the flavour because it tastes great i just want to add a slight taste of spiceyness.so i figured i would ask here befor i make a bunch of batches with slight mods to get the outcome i am lookinf for.i also want to switch to a liquid yeast on the next batch so i am open for suggestions....

3.3 lbs munich malt
3.3 lbs 2 row pilsner
3.3 lbs vienna malt
1oz hallertauer (60 min)
1oz hallartauer (15 min)
1oz spaltz (5 min)
1 pkg nottingham yeast

I'm thinking the spice you are looking for may come from yeast. Nottingham is very neutral. I Had planned on making an octoberfest last year and was going to use a kolsch yeast with it. What temperature do u ferment at?

Back