Suggestions on Simple brew stand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
I am tired of lifting and moving all my pots and cooler for my all grain brewing process. What would be my least expensive route to go to build a 3 tier or 2 teir system. I probably would want to build it out of wood. I really dont know. is there a cheap way to use steel? im a major cheapo so.....i need a cheap way to do this.

i have 9 gallon brew pot and one 7 gallon alluminum turkey fryer pot my wife got me for christmas. i figured i would use it for the HLT. maybe i could put a weldless ball valve on it. im guessing i would need another burner. i have a SQ14 burner. would it be best to hook 2 urners up together? and....how? parts?

Anyone have a detailed way for the cheapest coolest brew stand? Thanks all for the help ahead of time

Yeah, there's cheap ways of making a steel stand. Go to a recycling place and buy stuff from them. Bed frames have been used successfully in the past to make decent brew stands.

Check out the threads on pre drilled angle iron and strut builds....some cool setups. Cheap is a relative term, but there are some decent stands in the $150 range.

Amazon has a two tier stand by "king cooker" I believe and it's like 160 bucks. I think I'm going to go that route until I build an e system in my basement

Kmcogar said:
I am tired of lifting and moving all my pots and cooler for my all grain brewing process. What would be my least expensive route to go to build a 3 tier or 2 teir system. I probably would want to build it out of wood. I really dont know. is there a cheap way to use steel? im a major cheapo so.....i need a cheap way to do this.

i have 9 gallon brew pot and one 7 gallon alluminum turkey fryer pot my wife got me for christmas. i figured i would use it for the HLT. maybe i could put a weldless ball valve on it. im guessing i would need another burner. i have a SQ14 burner. would it be best to hook 2 urners up together? and....how? parts?

Anyone have a detailed way for the cheapest coolest brew stand? Thanks all for the help ahead of time

I now have a two tier stand that I built this winter using uni strut. It is here, Post No 194.
Before I had the stand I used a six foot aluminum ladder for my stand. I fashioned an inexpensive wood platform made out of 2x4s with plywood across the 2x4 for a shelf. The shelf sat on a step and under the brace on the other legs. I set the mash tun on this.

I also used a Blichmann Burner with the longer legs. My boil kettle went on that. I had a second Camp Chef burner that held the HLT.

I knew that this would not be a permanent solution, but it worked well for a couple of years. And best of all, I had most of the materials.

image-2716846448.jpg

Back