• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sanke's for sale- willing to ship, Asheville NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could look into fed ex freight... I can accept a semi truck if that makes the rate cheaper! :)

You could look into fed ex freight... I can accept a semi truck if that makes the rate cheaper! :)

That works if you're getting pallet loads but all these guys wanting 1-3 kegs aren't going to pay $125+ for freight shipping.

Just trying to help the OP before he buys a garage full of kegs and realizes nobody wants to pay for actual shipping.

If anyone from the triangle is making to Asheville to pick some up, I'd happily pay you for the trouble of carting two back towards Chapel Hill.

If you get a bunch of orders from PIttsburgh area and want to freight them together, I'll coordinate distribution. I believe ~16 fit on a pallet. I'm sure folks would be willing to split the difference with you on shipping as a "tip" for coordinating everything.

I *think* pallet loads are around $210 - way cheaper than $30-$40 shipping per each.

Man, If I had the cash right now....I would love to try some AG brewing. Darn Christmas gifts.

Heck, if pallet shipping of 4 is @ $125, up my request by another keg making total 4 to 77030. I can pick up at terminal in Houston
Thanks!

Heck, if pallet shipping of 4 is @ $125, up my request by another keg making total 4 to 77030. I can pick up at terminal in Houston
Thanks!

Make sure you have a loading dock to drop them off. Freight has ridiculous surcharges if they are inconvenienced in any way and requesting a truck with a liftgate can be another $100. Just fyi

dallasdb said:
Make sure you have a loading dock to drop them off. Freight has ridiculous surcharges if they are inconvenienced in any way and requesting a truck with a liftgate can be another $100. Just fyi

Have access to a hydraulic loading doc an pallet jack - makes a big difference!

Have access to a hydraulic loading doc an pallet jack - makes a big difference!

I agree. I should ask my BIL what shipping freight would be. He's runs a terminal for ABF.

I have docks at work, and can get them there even... I'd buy 4 if priced right and frieght wasn't wild. I could share the wealth locally.

Looks like Fedex ground from asheville to the triangle wound be $20
I see mkling is looking for a couple.
I'd make the trip over with my pickup but it would have to be for 8 of 'em to make it worth my while.
Are these available now?

SleepyCreekBrews said:
I'd make the trip over with my pickup but it would have to be for 8 of 'em to make it worth my while.
Are these available now?

If you do, you could get my three and I could come to chapel hill/Raleigh to get them.

Are these available now?

Let me know if you decide to do this SleepyCreek. I'm certainly willing to help with gas & whatnot. Thanks for the offer.

It's not looking good guys, but there is still some hope. Now they are thinking of keeping the bunch but aren't too sure. I'm trying my hardest to get these. I just need to coerce them a bit more.

Pogopunx82 said:
It's not looking good guys, but there is still some hope. Now they are thinking of keeping the bunch but aren't too sure. I'm trying my hardest to get these. I just need to coerce them a bit more.

Is this from craggie? Are they willing to sell just a few of them to locals instead?

They come from Greenman. They replaced their kegs not to long ago. They want to make sure that I would pay just as much as the scrapeyard would for them.

Craggie isn't going to sell their stuff. I think they are selling the brewery as a whole, for someone else to take their spot. I hope its Catawba brewery.

Pogopunx82 said:
They always say that. Just look at the FAQ on their website.

So how did you get a different answer from them?

If you can indeed get the kegs from them, I'm definitely in for one. The person I spoke with the other day seemed to make it quite clear that this was not the case. He even went as far as to try and find information about how I could possibly get one from another source.

So is this keg sale happening or was it just a pipe dream??

I'm thinking pipe dream. There is no realistic way to ship these unless they are on FULL pallets and even then you'd be paying $50-60 each used possibly beat up keg.

Not to be a downer but its just not realistic.

One thing to consider is that these are legally decommissioned kegs, so $50-$60 would actually be a very reasonable price.

Sorry guys. With the holidays and all it was hard for me to get a response back from them (the guy was out of town). They wanted more for the kegs but I grabbed them anyways and they ended up only giving me 12.Since they wanted more I don't think i'm going to ship them, seeing that it may not even be worth it. I'll let them go for 50$. Sorry this didn't work out at the price I was hoping for.

Edit: Maybe I should start a new thread since this one is a mess

Latest posts

Back