Pre-Tasting Due Diligence...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborneguy

Retired and Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I HAD to buy this, but I also HAVE to check with you guys before I drink it! For $1.50, this could be a diamond in the rough.

There's a Russian supermarket down the block from my house that has amazing beer prices and a varied import selection (growlers too). Occasionally, I try some of their more "eclectic" imports. Forget craft beer, think Mama Babuska's back yard in the Ukraine. So... without further adieu, tonight's selection:

Bile.jpg

I wouldn't call it bad, but the only reason I'd buy it again is the price. Next time I'm going to look for a date because it may have just been an old bottle. The flavor was muted in my opinion.

usfmikeb, are you sure it's a wit? On the bottle it said unfiltered lager. I was expecting a kellerbier.

Not an expert on Russian beers, but they stick pretty close to most German styles. This should be an unfiltered white ale...

Hmmm... I just checked the bottle.

It says "Bile Lager" all over it, but on the back it has the pour-swirl-pour diagram typical of wit beers. I guess it's a wit lager!

Latest posts

Back