Mojito Skeeter Pee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirthomas42

Reaction score
I'm looking to make myself a batch of lime-mojito Pee. I've made a good Lime Pee before, and I'm curious what you guys think would be the best way to add mint flavor. I was thinking a handful of fresh crushed mint leaves in secondary... what do you guys think?

What a cool idea :D

As for the addition, I'd say it depends on your batch. When you make a mojito, you're mechanically busting up the leaves.. when making mojito pee (jeeterpee?) you're going to let them sit in a solvent (the alcohol).

In my expert opinion (I googled for two mojito recipes!) I'd say go with a dozen mint leaves per gallon, muddle, and toss in secondary. It sounds like a lowball figure but remember how long your pee will sit in secondary versus how long your mojito will sit at the bar (if you're anything like me, heh.)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A month or 3 with a couple handfuls of mint leaves, sitting on that alcohol the whole time should leach out alot of that minty goodness. :)

From someone who is preparing to make his first batch of Skeeter Pee, I think it would be better to add crushed mint when served. I think it would give the Pee a fresher, brighter flavor and smell than if the mint was added and aged - did someone just post something about mint-flavored Listerine while I was typing this :D

Huesmann has a point in that you can add it to taste before bottling.

To which I'd say, but think of all the skeeterpee he's gonna have to drink before he gets the mint leaves right :D

Yeah, but when he discovers how much mint leaf he needed is he still gonna be sober enough to remember it?

Sorry to bump this old thread but were you happy with the outcome of your recipe? I've been quite pleased with my lemon and lemon/raspberry skeeter pee that I'm tempted to try a lime one... and since I've got plenty of fresh mint leaves available, a mojito pee sounds like the way to go!

OK, so it's been like 4 1/2 years since I posted the original question about mojito skeeter pee. I finally made it late last year, and bottled it today. And it's spec-frigging-tacular. Standard pee recipe with 100% lime juice instead of lemon. I smashed -- muddled? -- one of those little clamshell packages of fresh mint, a half ounce according to my notes, and threw them in the secondary. Racked off, stabilized, sweetened and bottled as usual.

And the verdict? It's a freaking mojito. Its amazing. The mint has a fairly strong flavor, but not overpowering. It's seriously just alcoholic lime with mint... my wife and I are 2 bottles deep on it today. I'm feeling good. :)

OK, so it's been like 4 1/2 years since I posted the original question about mojito skeeter pee. I finally made it late last year, and bottled it today. And it's spec-frigging-tacular. Standard pee recipe with 100% lime juice instead of lemon. I smashed -- muddled? -- one of those little clamshell packages of fresh mint, a half ounce according to my notes, and threw them in the secondary. Racked off, stabilized, sweetened and bottled as usual.

And the verdict? It's a freaking mojito. Its amazing. The mint has a fairly strong flavor, but not overpowering. It's seriously just alcoholic lime with mint... my wife and I are 2 bottles deep on it today. I'm feeling good. :)

five gallon batch?

Yes, a 5 gallon standard skeeter pee batch, with 96oz of total lime juice instead of lemon.

How long did it take you make?
From slurry to bottles?
If you don't mind.

CAUSE THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!
Only I'm going to be moving before the year is up, and if I can't get it bottled, I'm gonna have to wait.

How long did it take you make?
From slurry to bottles?
If you don't mind.

CAUSE THIS SOUNDS AMAZING!
Only I'm going to be moving before the year is up, and if I can't get it bottled, I'm gonna have to wait.

*thump thump*
Is this thing on?

Skeeter pee usually takes me about 6 weeks from slurry to bottle, if im actually moving it along the process (usually it sits for a bit longer because life)

Thank you for posting back in this! This is going to be my next brew.. thinking I may add a little coconut flavoring as I had one freaking amazing coconut mojito this weekend which led me down a rabbit hole lol

I have mint that grows right off my back porch, and I've used it in a handful of wines. Typically I get about a gallon bag of leaves, then simmer that (no boiling) in a gallon of water for about half an hour with 8 cups of sugar. That's about the right mixture sugar-wise and mint-flavor wise to include in a five-gallon batch of wine with other fruit.

Back