brewstand ideas with sq14, keggles, and wood, oh my

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krenshaw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i have my first all grain under my belt, now that i know more how my equipment works, i'll be doing a couple more before i actually build a brewstand to be sure i have exactly what i want, but i wanted to start getting some ideas on the best way to do it..

i've seen countless ways of putting the HLT and MT up top then the BK lower, or any combinations between.. i have 2 keggles and i use a 10 gallon igloo circular cooler for an MLT.. i have 2 SQ14 burners so i'm trying to design a wooden rig that will utilize the SQ14 stands (i can't weld and would love the stands to just sit on some sort of rail system to easily move on/off so i can cut the weight down when moving it).. i want to be sure the cooler is far enough away from the heat as to not have any damage, though i've noticed from using the burners that doesn't have to be far at all, maybe less if i can construct some sort of heat shields..

does anybody have any similar setup that can tell me about theirs or possibly send some pics? i would like to start getting some ideas about where to mount my pump and plate chiller and such as well.. thanks!

I was where you are in may. I'm getting somewhat close to finishing my rig. All wood, sq14, automated HLT/herms tank, single teir. It's been a hell of project

image-3312657396.jpg

image-2333348832.jpg

Back