fresh dfh 120 for pliny the elder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewtus72

Reaction score
Really would like to try Pliny I live in Virginia so have no chance at it except for trade. Dfh 120 I have fresh if anyone would wanna trade?

Pliny is the IPA by which all others are judged. most I can get is 2 bottles from my contact, so 2 for 2?

I can do two for one of your wanton the dfh 120 its a 10$ a bottle brew. It is a 2012 bottle and this last years was the best one released yet. But I can do two bottles of something else. Just throw some things at me. I have a 2012 stone Russian imp stout. That is an amazing brew. Cheers!

Yea I was thinking when I put the reply about the stone rid. Idk man I will just have to check. I know I can get alto of bells. I have an expedition stout clearing right now if that interests you. Can you get founders? I have some founder breakfast stouts which nowhere near as sought after as kbs or cbs but very very good stout.

I'm heading down into Sacramento and then the East Bay today. I'll make a few stops at places I'm fairly sure carry it.

I'd be interested in the DFH, if you don't get any takers before I get back tonight.

I've had some offers but you have alto more posts and are a senior member so make me more comfortable dealing with you. Not dissing anyone else but I guess anyone could relate too wat I'm saying. Just shoot me a pm I can get a bunch of other really cool dfh stuff if you wanton anything else too. Cheers!

Well, long day. Stopped by at least 10 stores that I know are on their distribution list and struck out. All but one carry Pliny, when they can get it. "Everybody's out". Blah, I know...

Found one store that will have some soon. It just happened to be a couple blocks off the UC Davis campus. He said he's getting two cases in tomorrow, but that's a 90 minute return drive, so I told him I'd try again next week or so. He told me he has a second store about 30 minutes from my house that got a case today. Went 30 minutes out of my way on the way home to get there, and sure enough, there were 8 Pliny's left from the two cases that came in today. I didn't want to be a jerk and take what was left, so I grabbed 2 and left a few for the next guy.

Cracked one open to try it (I've never had one, to be honest) and I'm in love.

Gave the second one to my father. He's sunk about $300 into my equipment and another $100 into ingredients that I wanted, so he deserved it. If he doesn't want it, I'll send it your way. He tasted mine and said "hmmm, that's different". His is in the fridge for at least the night. Not sure if that means he likes or dislikes it.

"Bottled on" date is 011013, so it's pretty darn fresh!

So what are you wanting in return. The dfh 120 or something else because I did have a guy wanting to do a trade for two Pliny for my dfh 120 which is an even trade. So I'd be willing to do a two for one. I have two bottle of the 120 but am going to my beer store tomorrow to get my stone enoy by 2.15.13 ipa's tomorrow and he has four 120 left so just lemme know. Cheers!

Do it. I don't think two Pliny's for a DFH 120 is a even trade because I pay close to $7 a pop, plus 30 minutes of driving each way, but go for it.

I picked up a 2.15.13 today. It's chilling right now. Odd coincidence.

This guy said he had easy access to it and must get it at a lower cost so idk. Hope you enjoy the 2.15.13

This guy said he had easy access to it and must get it at a lower cost so idk. Hope you enjoy the 2.15.13

Hope so too! I'm not typically into Stone brews. Yeah, they're good, but they match the price tag. The guy who sold me the 2.15.13 says his phone has been rining off the hook today with people trying to find it. I'd honestly never heard of it, and put up $8 to try it.

I expect, like most Stone brews, that it'll be worth it's price tag. However, I don't expect a mouthgasm.

Other than this Pliny, the only other California brew that I've had really strong feelings for was Old Rasputin, and that's because I had it on top at a Eureka bar just after my 21st birthday.

I had two of the (OK three) of the Stone Enjoy By's last night and in my opinion, they are in the same class as Pliny and DFH120...easily. Absolutely friggin' delicious! I'm gonna go buy the rest of them today for the Niners game on Sunday!! :mug:

Man I can't wait. I'm leaving in the next little bit to go pick up mine. I'm gonna drink all 6 of my 22ozers lol gonna be a gooooooood day!

@thadius

it is a 4.5 hour round trip from Marysville to Santa Rosa, and you can get Pliny by the case there from the brewery. i make the drive a few times a year from Portland, for you it should be your plans for tomorrow! take someone with you to drive home though, their sampler has between 15 and 19 beers on it usually, you won't be able to drive back home if you enjoy one.

if you are in davis it is only an hour and 20 minutes each way... even easier!

@thadius

it is a 4.5 hour round trip from Marysville to Santa Rosa, and you can get Pliny by the case there from the brewery. i make the drive a few times a year from Portland, for you it should be your plans for tomorrow! take someone with you to drive home though, their sampler has between 15 and 19 beers on it usually, you won't be able to drive back home if you enjoy one.

if you are in davis it is only an hour and 20 minutes each way... even easier!

Was in Fairfield yesterday, so I was less than an hour away. Didn't know I could pick up full cases there. -.-

Oh well. Live and learn.

Planning to do the Pliny clone once I get AG'd up.

@OP

My store gets it on Mondays and Thursdays if they are getting it that week, if I get lucky and some comes in next week I will message you, just sent out my stock today in a trade or I would hit you up. Did a nice flight last year at a bar with elder, younger, blind pig, and 120 minute, would like to get that collection together and do one at home :)

Sounds good man. Yea that would be a pretty awesome sample done together. Though the 120 is really a beast of another color

@lotbfan as of now I supposedly have a guy wanting the 120 but he hasn't messaged back for a bit so still not 100% if it falls through with him your next in line for it. Cheers!

Got the enjoy by ipa's yesterday. Drank one last night and all I can say is wow. Best dbl ipa I've ever had blows Avery maharaja and all those out the water. So delicious, I've never had such an easy drinking 9.5% beer imo. I don't know if it gets too much better than this brew. Hats off too Mitch Steele and team stone!

Had a Hop Juice and a Ranger after work. A bit let down by both. Sure, they hit the IBU numbers you'd expect. But they're way off-balance. Especially on the Ranger, aromatics are severely lacking.

Yea I'm not too fond of the ranger. I really love the enjoy by's there so good man.so balanced for 9.5%. Scholarly T ipa specialty release is awesome if you can get it made with Australian hops very very delicious.

DFH 120? what do you want? i can get multiple craft beers, my brother owns a craft beer bar. However living in NC dfh 120 is illegal to sell. I have been looking for years would do pretty much anything to get my hands on 1 or 2! thanks!

Got mine today, thinking CCB IPA is alittle better.

48085_2760435227000_1598025997_n.jpg

White oak jai alai is better to me for sure. Heady as well. Pliny is good but i havent been overly impressed. Still drink it though

White oak jai alai is better to me for sure. Heady as well. Pliny is good but i havent been overly impressed. Still drink it though

Agree, it is good beer(Pliny) but CCB IPA is better by far. :mug:

Latest posts

Back