The glasses you use for drinking your brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's surprising especially as that's what they deliver when you ask for a pint, and charge pint prices for it while delivering 5-6oz less :drunk:

Thanks for measuring that.

Russian River serves 16oz pints and what they call "half-pints" which are 10oz. That's the glass for the small one. It's what they were serving Younger in when I went in February. I asked for a small pour of Elder to compare and it came in the 10oz size. They called it a "tiny Pliny."

For reference, on their menu they charge $4.50 for a pint and $3.25 for a half-pint as seen here: http://russianriverbrewing.com/pub-menu/

Russian River serves 16oz pints and what they call "half-pints" which are 10oz. That's the glass for the small one. It's what they were serving Younger in when I went in February. I asked for a small pour of Elder to compare and it came in the 10oz size. They called it a "tiny Pliny."

For reference, on their menu they charge $4.50 for a pint and $3.25 for a half-pint as seen here: http://russianriverbrewing.com/pub-menu/

Yeah, I've seen that, twice when I've been in recently I've gotten the smaller nonic pints and been charged $4.50 for them. I wasn't worried about it as I assumed it was a 14-16oz beer, and honestly the buck and a quarter difference didn't bankrupt me.

For Vinnie & Natalie's sake I hope it was honest mistakes and they don't have bartender's skimming.

My wife got me a genuine German stein for fathers day. I refuse to put it up on a shelf, so I've been using it when I'm outside as the lid keeps junk out. The taper holds aromas in quite nicely, although I can't enjoy the color. American pints and Sam perfect pints as they also hold in aroma due to the taper.

image-175889288.jpg

24 ounce glass bar stein from Wally World. SWMBO says I'm only allowed 3 beers a day but never gave those a size limitation. I shoulda been a lawyer.

I feel the glass on the right is a little too tall, but I do like the shape of it a lot more.

Well, it handles that occasional half liter quite nicely. Also, with a long glass like that it is so much easier to make a low head pour.

I've got a collection of thrift store glasses. Honestly 99% of the time, I just grab whats clean and in front in the cupboard.

Part of my collection.

Massmall.jpg

In the cabinet on the wall is part of my weizen glass collection.

I have a crap ton of glasses acquired over the decades, including a bunch of 24 ounce mugs my boys etched my brewery logo upon. But my go-to is always one of my Sammy Perfect Pint glasses, straight from Jamaica Plain from our many trips through the brewery (plus the two I was awarded from their "Come Brew With Us" promotion).

They just feel good in my hand, and the tag line is Perfect...

citra_pale_ale_sm.jpg

Cheers! :mug:

My four most recent additions. All Schott Zwiesel, of which I am a fan. An IPA in a tulip works very well, even if it's "wrong".
2012-06-22_18-03-30_330.jpg

ForumRunner_20120626_193025.jpg

im a sucker for nice glassware, as i got into drinking craft and exotic beer a couple years before i started brewing.

heres a few of em.
shelf1.jpg

love the PU tulip, very versatile

stoneglass.jpg

authentic steins my grandmother brought back from germany in the 70s
stienside.jpg

stienfront.jpg

lots of shaker/pint glasses too, plus non-proprietary glassware for daily use.

also, latest addition
westy12.jpg

I have probably 40 different glasses that I've "legitimately" acquired from bars here and in Europe. They end up collecting dust in my cabinet as I find the imperial pint glass is best. They feel great to hold, beer looks good in them, and they hold 20 oz. I mostly brew pale ales so those glasses are appropriate, but I'll drink anything from them...even hefe.

I have a ton of glasses but my favorites are the Patio Brewing Company glasses my wife had made for me, my Dogfish snifter, my Lagnunitas mason jars, and my 3 Floyds glass. Sometimes the wife and I fight over glasses, like who gets the Goose Island wine glass when we split a bottle of Sofie. I also have a small group of tasting glasses, the Left Hand ones being the coolest.

I like the tulip glasses, pint glasses, and snifters, but my favorites are a pair of .5L tall goat "bock" mugs and, when it's time to do some real drankin', my 1L Hoffbrau dimple mugs!

I still t british pint glasses to be honest but did like my bengals glass handled mug till someone smashed it and I can't find a UK supplier, I keep the jam jar mug for mixed drinks.

We use these 16oz Tulip glasses as our regular drinking glasses at home. That's also what I use to serve beer.

08-1477.jpg

Picked up two new glasses, and passed on a Boddingtons pint with slight curvature. Ignore the cheap shaker. The DT tulip was $.50 and the dimpled stein was $1.

100_2801.JPG

I've got a hand full of different glasses i use but most commonly the standard pint glass... my favorite is this one (filled with Belgian Tripel of course) :mug:

2.jpg

Like a great number of you, I use a Sam Perfect Pint. I've seen smaller versions of these at a barware/stupid frathouse novelty bar sign shop in a mall on Madison's east side last December, when I started brewing (I doubt it's still there). They didn't seem right, so I didn't buy them. I'm looking for the same size as the one I have, but I'm far too lazy to go to that mall on a Saturday.

My wife and I got two sets of these Mikasa glasses as wedding gifts. The pilsner and wheat glasses don't fit in the cupboard :(, so the tulip and goblet get the most use. I also use a Sam Adams "perfect pint" glass that my sister gave me as a gift fairly regularly.

Beer Glasses.jpg

I normally use a standard pint glass. My local craft beer store has some of Sam Adams specialty beers in 22 oz. bomber bottles and if you buy one you got a free Sam Adams 'perfect pint" glass except it was 22oz bomber size!! I got two of them and will probably get two more tomorrow. It's been nice to pour 22oz out my kegerator!

We have upwards of 50 beer glasses from all the breweries, beerfests, and other beer things we go to. Plus another 20 or so tasting sized glasses, and TONS of shot glasses from pretty much everywhere.

But as of late I have been using either of these for beer:

Balloon-Glass.jpg

Glass_Duvel.jpg

i had the perfect glass but it broke; i had another one and it chipped. i got a third glass but i dropped it. so now i drink out of the bottle.

Plain Jane pint glasses for every day drinking, then I have Riedel and spigelau crystal ware for when I am feeling fancy.

Back