Alabama vote.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish you luck. Backwards ignorant individuals like what I heard in the 2011 session is what gives southern people a bad rap. Those idiots are horrible. Can more than 3 of them read? How many of them can refer to their father as brother dad? :cross:

Representative Farley for Jefferson is claiming home brewing is a hobbie that causes addiction and can kill you...

And he threw in the dreaded "What about the children?"

What a dumb azz

I'm listening to this debate and oh man, these people are dumb.
This idiot is saying over and over that this bill will allow to "make whiskey". Dumb, stupid, uneducated idiots in Talibama.

Williams form Madison

On our side.

Freedom and liberty issue.

Calling those against hypocrites.

Looks like majority of the support in the house are from Northern Alabama. I hope we have enough when voting time comes.

Rich from Marshal.

For it

Buttram Retired minister- Supports ALCAP

Thumping the Bible. Never had a drink in his life...

I'm still listening to the debate. These people are such devoted "Christians" talking about Jesus all the time, but please tell me, didn't Jesus drink wine during the Last Supper and was that wine made in a factory or at somebody's home?

I am not optimistic

Wallace from Chilton.

It destroys the family unit..

It seem most against are against alcohol in general.

How come it seems that every one of these jackasses that are opposed are either retired ministers or their daddies were...?

"The children will get into it. I know I would have"

These guys are filibustering by preaching a sermon about the evils of alcohol

See people this is why the state of Alabama is in the shape it is in. Because of backward idiots like this guy.

These goofballs profess to be Christians but know nothing about mead. They must not read the same bible I have read.

Has nobody bothered to mention that this is legal in 48 states without issue, including Oklahoma and Utah, the probably most conservative states in the country (if using the simplistic-linear conservative-progressive scale ignoring libertarians).

Has nobody bothered to mention that this is legal in 48 states without issue, including Oklahoma and Utah, the probably most conservative states in the country (if using the simplistic-linear conservative-progressive scale ignoring libertarians).

They don't want to hear that.

That's like the guy that moves here and says "That's not how we do it up north..."

It doesn't go over very well here.

I love how their own theoretical lack of restraint and proper parental control is magically someone else's problem.

Not only that, but I love how there is magically a vast difference in ability for a child to get into beer that you made vs beer that you bought.

They don't want to hear that.

That's like the guy that moves here and says "That's not how we do it up north..."

It doesn't go over very well here.

Even the Mormons, who think drinking COFFEE is a sin, will allow this!

[Alabama response: homebrewing is a dirty polygamist sin]?

Latest posts

Back