Big River Brewing Company Orlando

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepinjeepin

Reaction score
This brewery is on the Walt Disney World Broadway Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florid (Orlando). I was hoping for the best but expecting less considering it is on the property of a theme park. I was pleasantly surprised. Kent is the brewer there. He is awesome and is willing to give a cramped tour inside a crowded brewery for other brewers. He attended and I assume graduated from the Seibel Institute and brewed in Colorado before moving to Florida.

Their year round brews are: Southern Flyer Light Lager, Gadzooks Pilsner, Steamboat Pale Ale, Rocket Red Ale, and Sweet Magnolia American Brown Ale. I missed their Summer Wheat by a day but they had their Oktoberfest on tap in it's place. He said they normally have a cask on handpump but he has been busy getting the tanks full so he can go to GABF.

Pics

image-3669915593.jpg

image-2032871418.jpg

thanks for the post:rockin:

I'll be at Disneyworld in November and read about this place also and added it to my list of places of visit. Good to hear it's worth the trip:mug:

Had an IPA there Monday. There was a distinct grassiness to the hop flavor and aroma, but it grew on me (I'd have drunk another but there were other things on the agenda). Bartender said it had Galena hops in the boil and Cascade for dryhop. I did not taste the cascade, so it probably was used for dryhopping.

Pale Ale is ok, bit too much mouthfeel for me (for a PA).

I was just there on tuesday, the ribs were pretty good. The beer wasnt bad, but wasnt great either. I had the pale ale, it was just ok, a little undercarbed and no head whatsoever. They had a maibock on as the seasonal brew. That was pretty good. Service at the restuartant was really slow.

Been there a couple of times while at Disney over the years. Over all not a bad place, especially when your tired of the usual Disney fare. They were on the meal plan too....so worked out great for the family (and mostly me!)

Back