wlp400 ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat_Bastard

Reaction score
I brewed a wit 10 days ago and used wlp400 for the first time.I am on day 9 of active fermentation of this brew.I am fermenting it at 72 degrees (going for the funk factor).
Is this normal for this yeast?

I brewed a wit 10 days ago and used wlp400 for the first time.I am on day 9 of active fermentation of this brew.I am fermenting it at 72 degrees (going for the funk factor).
Is this normal for this yeast?

normal what? fermentation time? Its normal, once I brewed with WLP400 and it took 2 full weeks, other time it fermented out in 4 days so it depends but I usually ferment slightly cooler, 68F or so

yep fermentation time.
all my brews so far have been done in under 4 days,I was wondering if this yeast just likes to take it's time.

(off topic but I have 2 paras- p16-40 limited stainless and a p18-9 lda,use the 40 for uspsa and lda for idpa)

The last time I used WLP400 it took FOREVER. Patience is a must with that yeast. It creates an awesome beer, but it takes its time.

last time I used it I still had krausen after 3 weeks... measured gravity over a few days and it was done.. just not dropping out. Moved my jug around a bit then it fell out over the next couple of days.

Back