I am a Homebrewer [video] Release

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow an all out civil war between homebrewers, I love my hobbie, but its a hobbie. I loved the craft brewer video, they risk a lot in their profession, we don't I guess the honebrewing video came off as a little hokey. By the reaction of some guys on here you'd think they found the cure for cancer.
The BN is awesome, I have learned a lot from them. Yeah so what some shows aren't chock full of beer info, I love to get to know them as people. The are great guys with oppions, that's ok we don't live in commie China. HBT is cool too but a forum is kinda 2d, but when you get to hear the white brothers talk about yeast, or other outstanding craft brewers, now that is quality entertainment. To the BN haters, don't take yourselfs so seriously. It is after all just beer. Make no mistake, I love beer.

Can't we all just get along?

Brew strong.
Shad

Well I simply agree and I guess the people with kids do not know anything about head phones or ear buds. Fact is besides the Session there is Brew Strong and The Jemeal Show both offering up solid advice.
The Session reminds me of well some of my brew club get together's lots of thoughts lots of good brew and well brewers being brewers.

The BN has not made threats to take this site down but boy this site wants to take them down which would defeat the entire community of people. Take out BN you take out interviews with some of the best of craft brewers you really want that? Want to clone a brew and want to take out "Can you Brew It"? :ban:what is this site proving or its members? Want to not hear the head brewer form Russian River or Rogue River not sit down BS with home brewers?

Brewers Code the take I get here is is take out the BN we are the best and well your not. You want to take out a venue that craft brewers use to market, explain and expand beer knowledge.

Good goal people and you are the ones that never lived up to the brewers code you nave gave credit to the original artist of I am A Craft Brewer! You all suck!:mad:

Wow an all out civil war between homebrewers,
Shad

Civil war? Um, really!?

I saw some justified indignation at some low remarks, but most people here got over that long ago. Your history lessons at school must have been extremely interesting if you think you are witnessing a civil war right now.

Well I simply agree and I guess the people with kids do not know anything about head phones or ear buds. Fact is besides the Session there is Brew Strong and The Jemeal Show both offering up solid advice.
The Session reminds me of well some of my brew club get together's lots of thoughts lots of good brew and well brewers being brewers.

The BN has not made threats to take this site down but boy this site wants to take them down which would defeat the entire community of people. Take out BN you take out interviews with some of the best of craft brewers you really want that? Want to clone a brew and want to take out "Can you Brew It"? :ban:what is this site proving or its members? Want to not hear the head brewer form Russian River or Rogue River not sit down BS with home brewers?

Brewers Code the take I get here is is take out the BN we are the best and well your not. You want to take out a venue that craft brewers use to market, explain and expand beer knowledge.

Good goal people and you are the ones that never lived up to the brewers code you nave gave credit to the original artist of I am A Craft Brewer! You all suck!:mad:

I would never want to get rid of Jemeal or miss an opportunity to listen to interviews with Rogue River. Rogue River is probably my favorite brewery. If it weren't for Rogue River, I don't know where I'd be today. I'd be a different man, I can tell you that.

STFU

I think people are reading wayyyy to far into some of these comments.

No civil war, no curing cancer...

Just loving what we do as a hobby. Why don't people get that?

You see mountains where there are only mole-hills.

Make no mistake, I love beer.

Sadly, you apparently didn't love your English classes.

But seriously, there is plenty of poor or inaccurate advice given on the BN. The BN shows can be entertaining or dreadfully boring. The Sunday Session has turned more and more into "that other show" after Daniela left and JP became a regular. I still listen to them from time to time, and have gotten some good brewing advice over the years. Generally, however, I think the quality of the shows has been declining for some time.

The comments about the HBT video were over the top, I think, but at least they were more relevant than them talking about World of Warcraft or zoophilia for half an hour...

By the way, the guy's name is Jamil Zainasheff - not "Jemeal".

I just watched the I Am A Craft Brewer video. Those people who work hard for not a lot of money to do something they love and let us all appreciate it while they can make much more money in other industries.. there is some truth to pointing out that as I know people put work into the homebrewer video and maybe I missed a post somewhere but were any props or mention of the craft brewer video mentioned as well? This is the homebrewer version of the same thing, right? Trying to stay pretty neutral here I just find it odd that this is a .. well .. modified reproduction of the craft brewer video, and I don't recall anybody saying anything about that. Is it just expected that everybody saw the craft brewer one? I may have missed something here..

Great work on the vid!

I wouldn't worry too much about the Session review. That same kind of programming is one of the reasons I regard commercial radio as akin to the worst kind of auditory torture.

I AM A HOMEBREWER!

there is some truth to pointing out that as I know people put work into the homebrewer video and maybe I missed a post somewhere but were any props or mention of the craft brewer video mentioned as well? This is the homebrewer version of the same thing, right?

Read the description on youtube: (below highlighted by the red box in the upper right corner)

3822999439_9c3fa780ef_o.jpg

Ahhh cool. See I was just asking if something like that was there. Didnt notice it, it's all good as far as I'm concerned anyway just surprised. Missed the small text there.

Ahhh cool. See I was just asking if something like that was there. Didnt notice it, it's all good as far as I'm concerned anyway just surprised. Missed the small text there.

No offense at all but you also missed the original thread where we decided to put this video together. Props, tributes, and kudos every other post. We straight up said this was a tribute to homebrewing sparked from the original video of craft-brewers and not an original dream of our own...

You're right that it didn't get plastered all over this particular thread and I salute you for asking the question but the original thread where all of the collaboration took place was chock full of props to the original. :)

-Tripod

Just listened to the feedback session on the BN responding to all of the HBT hatemail -- I was cracking up. Some of those emails were beyond ridiculous. I surely hope none of them were written seriously.

Regardless, The BN did HBT a huge service with the free publicity for both the video and website. What's the saying, "There is no such thing as bad publicity"?

I'll continue to be a paying supporter of both -- decreasing my support to either of the best two sources of homebrew information over a silly video seems ridiculous.

BTW -- I still haven't seen this video :p

The BN has not made threats to take this site down but boy this site wants to take them down which would defeat the entire community of people.
While there will always be a few that respond with over the top suggestions there are very few that suggested anything like taking down BN. It is certainly a stretch to suggest that "this site" as a collective wants to do anything of the sort.
Take out BN you take out interviews with some of the best of craft brewers you really want that?
There are other venues, just scrolling through the episode list of basic brewing radio showes a number of interviews with craft brewers.
Want to clone a brew and want to take out "Can you Brew It"? :ban: what is this site proving or its members?
Lots of homebrewers have been cloning brews well before "Can you Brew It".
Want to not hear the head brewer form Russian River or Rogue River not sit down BS with home brewers?

Yes, they did give credit.

The take I get from the tone of your post is that the BN is somehow the only/best source of information for homebrewers. I clone some of my favorite commercial beers but I've never listened to "Can you Brew It". I do listen to "Brew Strong" In fact I'm getting ready to listen to the 4-part water chemistry episodes for the third time. I've listened to a few episodes of the Sunday session and find them to have too high of a fluff to content ratio to be worth my time, even some of the original "The Jamil Show" episodes were hard to listen to because of this. When you get right down to it I've learned more about brewing from HBT than the BN.

What it really boils down to is that individuals will react in their own way, some who were donating to the BN have said they are withdrawing future support. Some who were listeners won't be in the future and some who might have been listeners in the future may not be. All because the hosts of a BN show decided to take a slap at part of the community. It's not like anyone is suggesting boycotting the sponsors of the BN shows... which after all is where the real money comes from, however if those sponsorships are based on number of listeners then there is the distinct possibility that those hosts really did bite the hand that feeds them.

Boy, haven't checked this thread in a while. PaKettle, chillax dude!!!

Plenty of people on here still enjoy the Brewing Network. There's a difference of opinion on the video. I liked it.

Can it be? People have differing opinions?!!?? I guess there is still hope! It may be hard to believe, but I still listen to the BN and remain a proud member of Homebrewtalk.com. Oh, and I AM a Homebrewer! :mug:

RDWHAHB Folks!

Aw some people are still upset that somebody could not like all the shows on BN. No biggie. This is still the best forum to get homebrewing info IMHO. I like some of the podcasts on BN, but the forum seems kind of barren compared to this one. What's the ratio of active members?

At this moment there are over 30 people on BN, and over 650 on HBT. With all of the brewing podcasts you would think that people would be more active over there, but apparently it's not so.

Does Morebeer advertise here? Maybe they should.

What it really boils down to is that individuals will react in their own way, some who were donating to the BN have said they are withdrawing future support. Some who were listeners won't be in the future and some who might have been listeners in the future may not be. All because the hosts of a BN show decided to take a slap at part of the community. It's not like anyone is suggesting boycotting the sponsors of the BN shows... which after all is where the real money comes from, however if those sponsorships are based on number of listeners then there is the distinct possibility that those hosts really did bite the hand that feeds them.

Actually, I started going to their site and listening to some of their content after their sunday show bashed the video.

Again PaKettle, You see mountains instead of molehills. Stop being so dramatic and blanketing an entire community with your statements.

Is this still being discussed? Seriously!

I was in the video, I had a joking manor with my cheesy lines and even cheesier t-shirt. Don't take it seriously.

Wow PatKettle... I'm so glad you you know all those things that I want to do, as I certainly don't know them all myself. At least you are on top of my to do list.

camiller -- you should try listening to 'Can you Brew it' -- i don't typically like brewing clones, but hearing some of the brewer interviews is really cool. Haven't missed one yet.

I actually got back into the podcasts after the discussion about that one show. I had forgotten they even had podcasts. Still have not tried the clone show, but I've really liked Brew Strong.

The format for CYBI didn't sound too exciting to me, since I am still learning lots of basic stuff, but if Stevorino recommends it I'll give it a try. Gotta do something in the spare time when I cannot brew!

I just started going back and listening to older podcasts on BN, so I've missed out on all this. I must have been living under a rock to not know about all this going on until now.

but anyway, after watching both videos, all I have to say is....

CLONED!

oh wait...wrong show. nevermind.

The format for CYBI didn't sound too exciting to me, since I am still learning lots of basic stuff, but if Stevorino recommends it I'll give it a try.

I think it's a pretty interesting and entertaining show. I've actually brewed four of the recipes that they've done...the Pullman Brown, Green Flash IPA, Moose Drool, and Lagunitas IPA. The Moose Drool and Lagunitas are still in carboys, but the Green Flash and Pullman Brown turned out pretty well, though I can't call them cloned or not since I can't get the originals. I believe the next one they're doing is Arrogant Bastard.

I think it's a pretty interesting and entertaining show. I've actually brewed four of the recipes that they've done...the Pullman Brown, Green Flash IPA, Moose Drool, and Lagunitas IPA. The Moose Drool and Lagunitas are still in carboys, but the Green Flash and Pullman Brown turned out pretty well, though I can't call them cloned or not since I can't get the originals. I believe the next one they're doing is Arrogant Bastard.
I can't find Green Flash around me, either. I was drooling at work while listening to this one. Gotta do it myself.

My 2c: JZ is the man. The Jamil show, now Can You Brew It, is great. I get the shows as podcasts and listen to it either at work, in my car, or while running. Love it. That Sunday Session was horrible. I won't be listening to another one of those. Reminds me of one of those inane Morning Zoo radio programs. Sucko.

My 2c: JZ is the man. The Jamil show, now Can You Brew It, is great. I get the shows as podcasts and listen to it either at work, in my car, or while running. Love it. That Sunday Session was horrible. I won't be listening to another one of those. Reminds me of one of those inane Morning Zoo radio programs. Sucko.

The Sunday Session can be OK if you (a) get past the first 30-40 minutes and (b) turn if off when they finish with the guest. The middle 90 minutes or so when they're actually talking beer (usually with a guest brewer) can be decent. It's like a 90 minute show packed into 4 hours. I often listen to it while brewing.

The Sunday Session can be OK if you (a) get past the first 30-40 minutes and (b) turn if off when they finish with the guest. The middle 90 minutes or so when they're actually talking beer (usually with a guest brewer) can be decent. It's like a 90 minute show packed into 4 hours. I often listen to it while brewing.

Agreed. There is sometimes something interesting in there if you know where to cut to to miss the moronic banter. I didn't know this until I accidentally left a show running. I came back an hour or two later and came across something interesting in the middle of the broadcast.

Hi guys I'm kopyr. I'm writing from Poland. Homebrewers in Poland send greetings homebrewers in the States and the whole English speaking world. In July 2009 we saw your video "I am a homebrewer". We decided, to make our own one. Today it was realesed. Below you have version with English subtitles.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFWc8-uLPAg"]Jestem Piwowarem Domowym - I am a Homebrewer[/ame]

Hi guys I'm kopyr. I'm writing from Poland. Homebrewers in Poland send greetings homebrewers in the States and the whole English speaking world. In July 2009 we saw your video "I am a homebrewer". We decided, to make our own one. Today it was realesed. Below you have version with English subtitles.

Jestem Piwowarem Domowym - I am a Homebrewer

Nice video guys!

Back