Wyeast 1469 'Tim Taylor's Landlord' Petition Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put me on the list. I've been eagerly awaiting this yeast to come back into rotation. A full-time spot on the lineup would be awesome!

I think this yeast should be a permanent strain. I am currently devoting hours to propagation and storage, and I would rather just pay my lhs to buy wyeast packs.

What's so great about it? I read the description on the site but they made it sound like a relatively plain ale yeast. What am I missing?

If you like English-style ales, it's certainly worth a try. Develops nice, mild, but fruity, esters and accentuates the malt nicely. Can add a lot of complexity to a lower gravity ale with a simpler grain bill.

I use it with something like Maris Otter and Golden Promise, and only a touch of specialty malt, with Styrian Goldings late in the boil. Makes for a really interesting sessionable ale.

Back