Difference in diameter of single handled cornys vs dual handle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medo

Reaction score
Ahoy hoy,
Im at work, and was asked this question. Im pretty sure that my single handled cornys are a bit smaller diameter then the standard dual handle. If anyone out there has both, and can easily compare them, I would sure appreciate it. Ill watch for replys. Thanks in advance for any help.
A great day to you all.

Hmm, if the single handle ones are a little smaller, that might mean I could fit 4 in my keezer. 2 handled cornys are slightly too big. If someone could confirm the actual diameter, I could check. That would be awesome if I could fit 4.

So, I ended up buying 4 single handle cornys for my collection. The diameters are the same as the 2 handled kegs, AFAICT.
Single handle are shorter though, measuring 24 3/4" tall with the regular 2 handled corny I have measuring 25 1/8" tall. The Single handle just screws on and can be removed to save about another half inch in height, although I think with the disconnect/lines attached, you need that height anyway.

On a positive note, it turns out that I CAN actually fit 4 kegs in my small keezer. Sweet! Now I can plan for 4 faucets eventually.

Are there any functional disadvantages to the 1-handed cornys compared to the 2-handed ones? Only thing I've read is that the walls are not as thick but curious if that has any real effect.

The regular rubber-top cornies can be stood upside down to drain and can be stacked.

If the single handle kegs have thinner walls, its not by much. The only functional difference I can see is the inability to stand them upside down or to stack them, as was already mentioned. These kegs are plenty sturdy enough.

Back