Cheap Digital Temperature Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csafley

Reaction score
Here is a digital thermostat with outlet control that I cam across. It is fairly inexpensive compared to the others I have seen and seems like it would work perfectly for Ale fermentations. The temperature ranges is 45 - 90. I plan on extending the thermostat wire so I can run it into my fermentation chamber.

Let me know what you think.

Amazon.com: WIN100 Heating & Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat: Home Improvement

ref=dp_image_z_0

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about fermentation, but I think I will be ordering one to replace the mechanical thermostat that controls my garage's evaporative cooler. The dead-band is about 20F and all too often it gets stuck on and the cooler runs all night.

Good find.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/opinions-controller-fermentation-chamber-114275/

I already ordered this & posted about it. I have recieved it. Lead to the thermostate is very short. I opened it up and pulled the wire furhter out of the box. I had to break a plastic retaining clip to get it to pull out. I have not installed it yet but I now have enough lead on the wire to be able to extend it if needed. I am going to work on my set up this week end and will post how it turns out once I have the install completed. The product does appear to be very well built and the directions are clear and simple so if it installs as easy as it appears it will be a good find.

Any feedback on this? I just scored a free fridge and I'm looking into temp control. On a tight budget, but will do what it takes to get my fermentation temps under control.

Back